Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Living Dead

uncut?

hi all,may have mentioned this before but think it was on a different forum? have you ever purchased a dvd with being stated as "uncut",only to find out later that it has actually been cut!i used to buy alot of my dvds from hmv as they seemed to have a lot of horrors that i saw in the 80s/early 90s that were either banned or cut.so i was pleasently surprised when a lot of these titles were available again,apparently uncut.some of the dvds are i spit,island of death,zombie flesh eaters,house on the edge of the park and last house.has anybody else experienced this,not just with hmv but from anywhere?i now do plenty of research on various horror sites and dvd compare.which other review sites do you use? thanks
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

i don't buy vipco
Old 06-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Living Dead

nor me now,i just learnt the hard way i suppose!i find e bay quite good,especially if you have a multi player.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Misanthrope

It was more of a problem awhile a back. I think a lot of the time it was the most intact print available. But yeh I stayed away from R2 stuff because of the false advertising but zwoti put me right on that pointing out it was mainly the Vipco stuff. I've been meaning to pick up some of the Shameless releases.

I sometimes have issues with I've got the uncut version by running times but that's usually a case of the PAL to NTSC conversion.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Living Dead

yeah,i know what you mean about running times with pal/ntsc.but saying that my " i spit " has the same running time as the uncut version,but apparently they have slowed the film down{ ? } and some of the cut stuff is happening but off screen?!not sure how this happends but think i read this on dvd compare.i have the screen entertainments version,i think.either that or the hardgore version?my last house was anchor bay,but cut and house on the edge of the park was a vipco effort!last house now replaced with the 3 disc version,the rest are on my list! thanks speak soon.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Misanthrope

That House On The Edge Of The Park put out by Vipco has like 15 minutes cut out of it doesn't it? Kinda lame considering its not really that nasty. Fantastic film anyways totally blows Last House On The Left out of the water. I've got the Shriek Show version which is killer. Those guys put out some triple packs which are great value (three films for the price of one).

I've been using these guys a bit:

http://www.cdwow.com/search?q=house+...the+park&t=all

That's the UK site I believe. They have one for each country (not sure about the US) and are dirt cheap and have free shipping. Way better than using Amazon.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
uncut?
Yeah I'm uncut.
Wait, what?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I've been meaning to pick up some of the Shameless releases.
anything in particular?
Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by discodude View Post
but apparently they have slowed the film down{ ? } and some of the cut stuff is happening but off screen?!not sure how this happends but think i read this on dvd compare.i have the screen entertainments version
I remember reading an interview with the distribution compant about this - They cropped some of the frames so that they could get as much as possible past the BBFC.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Living Dead

yeah,house on the edge of the park had 11mins of cuts!didnt realise this has it stated uncut on cover,vipco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i disagree with this being better than lhotl.but then again i am missing a lot of footage!think its shriek shows version im looking at getting.thanks to dvd compare and yourself.