Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
The only trouble is I'm not sure if I'm going to struggle to stop. I mean, whilst I'm keeping my nutrition levels up I'm still losing weight because my overall calories that I'm allowing myself are a tiny bit lower than my body wants and to be honest, I'm still struggling to meet that quota. I think when I reach my target weight sustaining it will be the problem. Although considering that I've essentially "graduated" high school now I'll have a lot more free time, time which I could spend down the gym.
Scouse is right; you should be very cautious about dieting at your age. Assuming you're about 17 or 18 years old, you still might have some growing to do (men can continue up to the age of 25 sometimes) and you need your protein, carbs, and calcium.

According to the Health Check Systems Weight Chart, a 5' 4" man with a small frame should weigh anywhere from 132-138 lbs. so you actually could be underweight.

Sorry, I'm sounding like a mom; just want you to take care of yourself.;)
Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Well actually I'm 16 (high school is from 11-16 in England) and I really like to think I have more growing to do. What are the main nutrients needed for growing taller?

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Whip In My Valise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
Well actually I'm 16 (high school is from 11-16 in England) and I really like to think I have more growing to do. What are the main nutrients needed for growing taller?
Carbohydrates and protein are the really important ones. Calcium and adequate vitamin A are important as well.

My son will be 16 in a couple of months, and his doctor stressed the importance of enough calcium because she thought he still had growing to do (he's already 6 feet tall).

When I was younger, I found exercise to be far more effective for losing weight than any diet. Just eat all kinds of food in moderation, and you should be fine.