Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Scary car guy...

Any car nuts out there? Who else has a creepy old ride?

I'm pretty much a car fiend and have a several of them. My favorite project cars are the creepier ones though.

Here's a couple pics of mine. Show yours if you want to. I'd love to see them!

And the first person to show the "free candy van" gets kicked in the balls. lol...

My '58 Studebaker:

My 1927 Model T... with a lot of parts missing. Hoping to get this one running by Halloween.

And my work truck... TCM style. ;)

Old 06-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Misanthrope

Cool car man!

If I saw your truck coming I'd be sure to get the fuck outta there so no one pulled a Deliverance on me :D
Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 PM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

That Studebake is Fn bad ass. Built or bought?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Scary car guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
Cool car man!

If I saw your truck coming I'd be sure to get the fuck outta there so no one pulled a Deliverance on me :D

lol... the truck is geared so low it only does about 50-55mph. My favorite thing to do when some yuppy is on my ass and finally passes me, is to lean out the window and yell "Whar you goin' city boooy!!" It always freaks them out. The fact that I have a pitchfork sticking out of the bed pocket, a collection of old rusty chains on the rear bumper, and old military tires on it from the 70's also send the point across. ;) The fact I'm usually in ratty work clothes when I'm driving it and only shave when I really feel like it creeps them out too I think. What little they know I'm one of the nicest guys they'd ever meet.

I've had this truck for 3 years now. I had to get my ass up at 5am Thanksgiving day with cash and my truck/trailer to get it. This thing was advertised super cheap on craigslist and a bunch of hunters were wanting it to put it out on a lease. This truck had been abused on a lease most of it's life, so I was sure to save this one. I bet there were some pissed hunters when they called back the next day to buy it, and I was already gone! :)

I've put thousands of miles on it, and it's never let me down.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Scary car guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyMyers View Post
That Studebake is Fn bad ass. Built or bought?
Well that's actually another funny story. I was browsing craigslist (as usual) and came across an ad that said "1958 Studebaker BBQ Grill". I opened it up and saw a picture of the car. Turns out this loser cuts classic cars in half, pulls the frame together in the front, puts a hitch on them, and turns them into BBQ pits. WTF!?!?!

I called the guy immediately and asked if he had cut it. He said no. I asked what he got for complete BBQ grills, and told him NOT to touch it, and I'd be out there the next day with my truck/trailer to pick it up.

Turns out the dumbass was a raging alcoholic. He could barely stand up and he almost vomited on me twice. In the 1 week he owned the car, he slammed his car trailer in to the front fender, busted out the rear window, and broke the windshield. Friggin' 'tard.

Luckily I've been able to find another rear window. Studebaker only built roughly 1500 of these cars, and they were a 1958 only body style. I lucked out and had a guy approach me out of the blue to tell me he had a back window for my car and he was only an hour North of me in Temple. What are the chances that he had a back window from 1 of the other 1500ish cars... and he was so close? Unfathomable.

Anyway... my long winded response to your question is, it's a project in the making. I plan on lowering it a bit, putting the tall, skinny bias ply white walls back on it, fixing up the interior and rockin' it the way it is. It should be a pretty nice cruiser when I'm done with it. I've got some engine work to do though. The exhaust valves in the right bank are fried, and the car hasn't been on the road since '68. :D

Old 06-21-2010, 08:51 PM
mostly ghostly?

Cool stuff!
We have a somewhat-creepy-looking ratted-out '52 Chieftain. I don't have any pictures on this computer, though.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Scary car guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Cool stuff!
We have a somewhat-creepy-looking ratted-out '52 Chieftain. I don't have any pictures on this computer, though.
Chieftain's are sweet! Ponchos can be creepy little cars man. Does yours have the light up Indian head on the hood?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:36 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Steak View Post
Chieftain's are sweet! Ponchos can be creepy little cars man. Does yours have the light up Indian head on the hood?
Yes, it does! It's in great shape. I'll have to find a picture or two.