Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-22-2005, 02:39 PM
Evil Dead

Wolf Creek

This film certainly lives up to the hype it had been given.Very strong stuff,well made and acted despite being very low budget.
For those who haven't heard about the film it is based upon the true incident of two English tourists in Australia that disappear in the outback while on a journey with a young Australian man.He claimed they were attacked by a psycho and he lived to tell the tale.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Evil Dead

watched it last night best film i've seen in ages, the wife freaked out & went to bed half way through.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood, tell the ANGELS in Heaven you never saw EVIL so singularly personified than in the face of the man who KILLED you........

I ask you again Captain, where will you go?
You can destroy my specimens but what about the millions that wait to greet you outside?
Do you really think you can blow the piss out of them?
All of them?
Old 01-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Evil Dead

saw it today

great movie :cool:
Old 04-18-2006, 05:43 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I really enjoyed it!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
So many topicsw on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Evil Dead

You guys are the first group I've seen really appreciate the movie... I keep hearing that it's too boring.

Even though it took around 50 minutes to pick up, I thought it was worth it for the end. I love realistic horror, and while we're too desensitized to really be scared by a movie like this, it's still satisfying to watch.

And the based on a true story thing gets me every time.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:44 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

I want to watch it.

What SG said is true. This is the only place I've seen give it any praise at all. Of course, same goes for Blair Witch and several other movies that I think are great. You just can't trust the mainstream crowd with certain horror movies. If it's not over-the-top gore or packed with special effects, they don't seem to care for it.

Take my favorite movie of all time, The Exorcist III. Most folks just don't get it. Too much script, not enough girl puking pea soup and screaming "FUCK ME!" However, most true horror fans seem to be with me in rating it one of the scariest movies ever made.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 AM
No charge for awesomeness

I watched Wolf Creek last week. I thought it was excellent, but the "true story" business doesn't do anything for me. They say TCM is based on a "true story" too but we all know how true that actually is.

Anyways, I thought Wolf Creek was really well done for the budget they were on. The gore was more implied but when they did show stuff it looked great and just thinking about head on a stick still makes me cringe. Acting and directing was solid. I had to watch it with subtitles on though because of the thick accents on some of the characters. *Shrug* No big deal though. I still gave it a rave review. (Click link in my sig to see it. It's filed under Horror- 'Slasher Reviews'.)

I'm excited to see what else Australia can come up with since Hollywood and Japan aren't exactly cutting it right now.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Hellraiser

Normally not the type of horror movie I watch, I really enjoyed Wolf Creek :)
Old 04-19-2006, 05:55 AM
BH14

Well, I picked up this movie out of bordemn. I had very low expectations for this movie because of these reviews on here. It was ok and better than I thought. The first half of the movie was so damn slow and boring. It was a waste of time and it was like the director just wanted to kill some time. Am I the only one who thought the first 50 mins were slow as hell? Then it picked up and built a little suspense. The ending was abrupt and lame. Bad ending!! Its worth a rent I think but its no where near to "The Hills have Eyes" remake. I think this movie and Hostel fall short and both could have been better.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114