Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-25-2010, 04:13 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Loved both Eccelston and Tenant...haven't caught this new guy yet, but he looks decent enough.

Not familiar with nearly enough of the classic Doctors - only really seen stuff from William Hartnell, Tom Baker and Peter Davison. I honestly think Eccleston is my favourite (he was my first, got me interested in the first place) followed closely by Baker, then Tenant. The others didn't really grab me as much at all.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Hartnell played him as a very crotchety old man, wise albeit quite grumpy. A good leading Grandfather figure at the time.

Troughton was very spitely and childish although he did retain that wise charisma.

Pertwee was a very protective figure, often rushing in to save the day and look after the companion. He was my Mother's doctor, although my Dad says he was always seeming quite scary.

T. Baker was iconic. Very imposing and wise, although not as companion orientated as the others. He captured the Doctor's eccentricities and emotion perfectly.

Davidson was the first real young Doctor. A lot more active but I always think he seems a bit mopey and melodramatic.

C. Baker was way too angry and smug for the Doctor. Stupid costume, the writing was failing. He was the beginning of the end.

I don't really know enough about McCoy to comment.

McGann was, like Davidson, quite active. I think he had a very good balance of liveliness and seriousness and I would have quite liked to have seen him go further than just the Movie.

Eccleston I LOVED. I think he caught the Doctor's enthusiasm more than anything PERFECTLY. Like McGann I think it's a shame he left when he did.

Tennant will always be my Doctor, although closely followed by Eccelston. Everything about his mannerisms sum up the Doctor for me and I could always feel for him. When he laughed it was funny, when he cried it was touching. My only fault was that he was perhaps a bit too human...

Leading me on to Smith. Smith has brought the Doctor back to his mad scientist alien persona which was much needed to keep him separate from those around him. Despite the babyface I think he is always quite a strong figure and any sceptisism I may have had is totally dissapated. His new TARDIS suits him perfectly and is very timelord, which is nice. I also quite enjoy the simplicity of his outfit, as I don't think the Doctor would care a great deal about what he's wearing.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 04-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Tennant is definately MY Doctor. With Baker close behind, I must say I really love the old baker episodes and arcs. And I dunno if i've said it here or not, but does anybody find it funny that as the doctor regenerates he keeps getting younger and younger. My theory is that the younger he gets, the closer he gets to dieing, like without regenerating dieing. Like Ferret said, the newest doctor is a babyface. Whereas the first one was the crotchity old man. I mean, I know that the timelords started as children and grew up, but nobody else really knows the timelords life cycle. Who knows how they age. And maybe he'll get younger and younger to the point that he becomes a baby and starts the process over again. I mean I have heard there is a set number of regenerations, so maybe after that he doesn't actually die, but rather goes off to grow up again?
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:28 AM
No, fuck YOU

I see a lot of familiar "faces" online right now, so i guess it can't be all that bad.

HI EVERYONE!! :)
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I haven't seen as much as I would like. only Eccleston, Tennant and a bit of Baker. Eccleston is my favorite. He's both callous and vulnerable and that's how I think a being with the combination of power and empathy that The Doctor has would act. I like a lot of what Tennant does, but I find him a little too fluffy and whimsical. Haven't seen the new guy because I do not have tv and I haven't found a place online to watch the episodes. My computer doesn't really have the drive space to download ton of video files, so tv I watch is usually off of Hulu or checked out from the library.