Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Living Dead

The Ceremony - Posssible Spoilers

Has anyone seen the Ceremony?

*** OK - I don't think this 1st part is a spoiler since it's on the back of the box, but wanted to warn in case ***

It's kind of a collage artsy movie. Scared the crap out of me. It opens with the fall of an angel for being envious of Jesus. She gets thrown to earth, turns nasty, and eventually gets entrapped in a box. Once every thousand years, the box opens and there is a ceremony to keep her from escaping by encircling her with white candles.

This collage girl is the one chosen to perform the ceremony (handed down by the family) and invites her friends and collage pals to witness this "unusual" event. Some of the people don't know what to think. Of course some don't believe.

***Spoilers***

The part that scared me the most was when she first escapes and she clairvoyantly sees the most atheist person. She "reads" his pain and fear and appears in his mind as Jesus (but with claws, fangs, and bloody eyes). The dude goes into grief and approached her, thinking it's Jesus and enters the circle. She grabs his face, looks into his mind to find his spirit, and shoves his soul out of his body, through the "tunnel", and onto the other side. His soulless body drops dead, knocks over a candle to break the circle and she gets out.

I have never seen a death scene like that before or since.

The rest of the movie takes off from there. The snake possession is scary too.

Another weird thing about this movies is that I can only find it a blockbusters It seem like every blockbusters has a copy of it. At least in Marin County and San Francisco.

Captain Jean Luc Picard
Star Trek - The Next Generation
"The Drumhead" - Episode No: 195

Last edited by starseed; 01-15-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:26 PM
That fucking Guy...

hey....have u seen "The Prophecy"? I dunno about the sequels cos I have'nt seen 'em, but what do y'all think of the first?
I bring it up only cos thats another film about some badboy angels...
Old 01-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I haven't seen The Ceremony, but I have seen The Prophecy as well as its sequels. The original film is awesome. A very good effort from Mr. Highlander Gregory Widen. The sequels were awful. I've heard two more Prophecy sequels are on the way from Dimension. Dimension needs to give up on their hopeful franchises...they all suck.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:56 PM
That fucking Guy...

cant beleive the sequels sucked, the first one was sooo damn good....ah well, I guess "nightmare on elm st" happens....
what happened in the sequels?
Old 01-16-2004, 06:04 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
cant beleive the sequels sucked, the first one was sooo damn good....ah well, I guess "nightmare on elm st" happens....
what happened in the sequels?
Part II, Walken somehow comes back to stop an angel mating with a human. In the third one, Walken's just a normal guy. You're not missing much. He's not even going to be in the new ones.