Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie Daher
near dark is one of those box covers i'd always see at the video store but never attempted to watch (the movie not the box cover-ha!). what's the premise behind this movie..you must think it's pretty good. what's it all about?
Yeah "Near Dark" was great, it's kinda a modern outlaw vampire flick. Lance Henriksen, Bill Paxton, and Jenette Goldstein who all did Aliens together a few years before are in it as vamps. The story basically is about a guy and a vampire girl fall in love and he spends the rest of the movie tring to get out of Hendriksen's Brood and become mortal again. It's definately different but well worth the rent. It probably would have been a popular movie if "Lost Boys" didnt come out like a month before. But definately check it out.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to Leslie Daher
thank you!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:19 AM
Evil Dead

The part when Howell is driving down the road and Hauer waves at him form the back seat of that station wagon still gives me the creeps. I think "Blade Runner" Is probaly Hauer's best movie though.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:20 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
Originally posted by Aylmer
Yeah "Near Dark" was great, it's kinda a modern outlaw vampire flick. Lance Henriksen, Bill Paxton, and Jenette Goldstein who all did Aliens together a few years before are in it as vamps. The story basically is about a guy and a vampire girl fall in love and he spends the rest of the movie tring to get out of Hendriksen's Brood and become mortal again. It's definately different but well worth the rent. It probably would have been a popular movie if "Lost Boys" didnt come out like a month before. But definately check it out.
Aylmer hit it pretty good. I'd also like to say that it's my favorite live-action vampire movie. The casting could not be more perfect.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:21 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Quote:
I think "Blade Runner" Is probaly Hauer's best movie though.
Am I the only person who thinks Blade Runner is tad bit overrated? Fire away guys.:D
Old 01-15-2004, 08:24 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Aylmer hit it pretty good. I'd also like to say that it's my favorite live-action vampire movie. The casting could not be more perfect.
are u a Vampire Hunter D fan Avenger?
Old 01-15-2004, 08:25 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
are u a Vampire Hunter D fan Avenger?
Of course.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Of course.

Yeah I kinda figured the way you said live action vampire movie you may be thinking of "D". "Bloodlust" is one of my favorite anime of all time right up there with "Ghost in The Shell" and "Ninja Scrolls". The first one is good but the art work and color in the second one are second to none. I heard a while ago that they were working on a "Ghost in The Shell" sequal.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Yeah I kinda figured the way you said live action vampire movie you may be thinking of "D". "Bloodlust" is one of my favorite anime of all time right up there with "Ghost in The Shell" and "Ninja Scrolls". The first one is good but the art work and color in the second one are second to none. I heard a while ago that they were working on a "Ghost in The Shell" sequal.
I figured the live action thing gave it away. Bloodlust and Ninja Scroll are also my two favorite animes. Wouldn't mind seeing a Ghost sequel. I remember the original being a rather short film.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:38 AM
Evil Dead

Yeah "Ninja Resurrection" is kick ass as well check that out if you haven't already.