Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-27-2007, 08:06 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I have a feeling David Goyer's SUPER MAX will come out first, and it sounds cooler.

from imdbpro:
Oliver Queen, a.k.a the arrow-wielding super-hero Green Arrow, is framed for a crime he didn't commit and subsequently sent to a special maximum security prison. Inside, he has to work with some of his nemeses in order to escape and clear his name.

It's slated for 2010, but there is no cast yet attached and Goyer still (at least as far as I know) hasn't finished the script. You'll know Goyer as screenwriter of Dark City, all the Blade flix, and Batman Begins, among others. He's pretty damned solid.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 07-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
OMACs...Green Arrow based prison break? No Grodd? No Brainiac? No Starro?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:27 AM
For Vendetta

Word on the street is that Happy Feet helmer George Miller is primed to direct the planned Justice League of America flick that's in development at Warner Bros. Furthermore, there are rumblings that the other contender is McG, the Charlie's Angels director who just signed a three flick deal with the studio.

Both LatinoReview.com and Collider.com appear to cite the same source, one who previously tipped the signing of Marc Forster for the next Bond flick, in naming Miller as the top candidate.

Collider scoops that Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are all top character choices for the movie. And rumor has it that Warner Bros., in a dramatic move, is planning to kill off one of the superheroes in the film.

The site's insider has also heard that Justice League is currently being favored over a Superman Returns sequel, so Brandon Routh would reprise his role in the Justice League flick before appearing in any additional Superman movies.

The association of the director of Happy Feet with Justice League may not immediately inspire confidence with fans not aware of Miller's full filmography. Additionally, he is the writer-director of the Mad Max films, Babe and Lorenzo's Oil. Miller also directed The Witches of Eastwick and the fourth chapter of Twilight Zone: The Movie.

McG's possible involvement in the project is tipped by IESB.net.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
For Vendetta

A couple of years back, you’ll recall, Ryan Reynolds was in talks to play ‘The Flash’ in David Goyer’s film adaptation of the DC comic.

When Goyer left the project, assumingly so did funny man Reynolds.

That doesn’t mean the brothers Warner aren’t still keen on having Reynolds play the character though – even if it’s for the “Justice League of America” movie; the ‘Superfriends’ united film that’ll see the character share the screen with such caped luminaries as Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

Reynolds talked to MTV about the possibility of him wearing the red tights and the “Smokin’Aces” star gave a rather interesting answer. Sounds to me like someone’s had a chat to him about coming onboard.

“I don't really know how much I'm allowed to talk about that stuff. But I'm sure they'll figure out something. It's no secret that they have a JLA script and it's a project that's in development – the contents of which, who knows. We'll see."

Update! : Yes, its true that Brandon Routh and Christian Bale won't be starring as Superman and Batman, respectively, in the "Justice League" movie - but they will both still be starring in the stand-alone "Superman" and "Batman" sequels. So don't fret fans, there will only be a new Bats and Supes for the team-up movie.

A source at Warner Bros this morning let slip that the "Justice League" movie is just as full-steam ahead as the rumours suggest it is. It will definitely be up next year.

A casting director for the movie will be onboard next week and it's then that they'll be going after their tighted strongmen.

Director George Miller ("Mad Max") has some ideas who he'd like to cast as Batman and Superman but naturally, they mightn't be the same faces the WB want.

So within the next month we should start seeing a few announcements about the movie.

Meanwhile, our friends at IESB had a chat to Christian Bale who confirmed that he hasn't been asked back to don the tar cape.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Update! : Yes, its true that Brandon Routh and Christian Bale won't be starring as Superman and Batman, respectively, in the "Justice League" movie - but they will both still be starring in the stand-alone "Superman" and "Batman" sequels. So don't fret fans, there will only be a new Bats and Supes for the team-up movie.
Oh! and I'm already losing my interest about this project!
I don't care about the "Superman" role but it'll be disappointing to see someone other than Bale is trying to play the "Bat Man"! :mad:
Nolan gave a totally unique kind of look to the Bat Man series and specially with the characters of it by remarkable castings.

anyway, is there any possibilities of a "Bat Man &/Vs Super Man" movie??
Old 08-22-2007, 05:00 PM
OnTheLam

WB need to hold their horses. It would be weird if they recasted Superman and Batman for a JLA movie and then continue to release Synger and Nolan's Superman and Batman movies seperate from this.

Who would make good villians for a Justice League movie? Darkseid maybe?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:45 AM
For Vendetta

This news might surprise a few of you out there...

It seems there will be some CGI or motion-capture stuff going on – but according to IESB, only some aspects of the film (like underwater scenes) will be filmed that way and the rest will be live-action – meaning, yes, there will be actors needed to play the legendary line-up.

And you’ll never believe who has been offered the chance to don Superman’s red and blue tights – and quite frankly, I love it! – none other than TVs Clark Kent, Tom Welling. IESB says several sources have informed them that the “Smallville” star has been offered the gig.

A WB source this morning backed up the news – to a degree, without confirming it; simply hinting that Welling may have been discussed – so if it comes off, fans shouldn’t be too pissed about the Superman switcheroo for this movie. (Not sure how they’d work this into “Smallville” though). Keep your address book set to IESB whilst they try and chase up a confirmation.

Now how are they going to not cheese off Batman fans though? Cast Adam West?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:57 AM
For Vendetta

According to a scooper for IESB – as the site reminds readers, take it with a grain of salt until they gather up more intel – Laurence Fishburne may be the first choice to play The Martin Manhunter in the forthcoming (and much talked about) “Justice League of America” movie.

If true – and it’s possible, considering the Fish worked with the studio on the uber successful “Matrix” movies” – Fishburne would make a great Manhunter. But man, isn’t he getting sick of the comic book stuff yet? This year alone he’s already lent his lungs to both “Fantastic Four : Rise of the Silver Surfer” and “TMNT”. Still, I suppose he hasn’t got to wear a rubber suit yet. And until you have, you’re not quite a bona-fide superfreak.

Though nothing’s been confirmed yet, the word is Tom Welling is the favourite to play Superman in the movie, whist Ryan Reynolds will be suiting as The Flash. You can now add Fishburne to the rumour pile.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200708...manhunter.html
Old 08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Crystal Lake Slasher

Very weird casting, if you ask me. If the film is to work, it will largely depend on the chemistry of the actors onscreen. Unless there is a powerful villain or challenge lined up, I see this one as a potential disaster.

- Walter Savage Landor.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:59 AM
For Vendetta

Aug 30, 2007

Rumors about the live-action Justice League of America movie are inundating the Internet these days, and will likely only get more heated before the Warner Bros. film goes before cameras in early 2008.

IESB.net has been the first outlet to report most of these rumors, which they point out are just that: unsubstantiated rumors. First, they reported a few days ago that Smallville star Tom Welling was going to play Superman in JLA, but that was denied by the series' exec producer Al Gough in a statement to the SupermanHomepage.com.

IESB also clarified an earlier report that JLA would be an all motion-capture production; they now claim that it will be partially mo-cap, most likely for the alien villains in the film. Speaking of them, the site also says the villains will include white Martians, the OMACs, as well as Maxwell Lord and Talia Al Ghul of the Checkmate agency.

The Martian Manhunter is also said to be in the film, with IESB claiming that none other than the voice of the Silver Surfer himself, Laurence Fishburne, is being considered for the role.

Other casting possibilities mentioned by the site include "Jake Gyllenhaal, Leo DiCaprio, Jessica Biel. Mel Gibson is liked for Max Lord. Scarlett Johanssen for Talia. Bruce Willis was mentioned for Lex [Luthor]." Earlier buzz suggested that Batman will never be seen as Bruce Wayne during the story, which is why it might be easier for Warners to recast the role with a new actor rather than pay Christian Bale to do it.

Gibson is an interesting rumored contender, given his past relationship with both Warners and rumored JLA director George Miller. IESB claims DiCaprio might be up for Aquaman. (Better not tell Vincent Chase that!)

More news as soon as the rumors are confirmed...watch this thread closely.