Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Repulsion (1965)

Like the way _V_ had an urge & watched The Haunting few days ago...for the last couple of days I had kinda same feeling about this Polanski masterpiece, so gave it a watch last night.:)
Old 06-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Cranky

I love that movie!

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Bad Natured

Black Sabbath (1963). A superb trilogy from the inimitable Mario Bava. The set designs are wonderfully rich, setting scene for its rich colors and great camera work. The tales themselves are simple though effective, with lots of eye candy to keep your eyes glued to the terror. Eroticism is used to further this lure, which must have gotten the attention of the morality police of the day. Boris Karloff blesses one of the tales as a creepy father whose love of family might just lead to their demise. This was simple great, classic Italian horror fun. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:05 AM
HS!

Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffery
Recently watched White Zombie & then prior to that, I watched The Gorilla, both Bela Lugosi films, with my lady's two boys. Just now getting them into horror & starting them with the classics.

http://halejeffery.blogspot.com

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Faust (1926)

After Fritz Lang's Metropolis this is another masterpiece from silent era that almost made me speechless!

This unbelievably visually stunning epic story of love & hate or good & evil is not only a brilliant adaptation of an ancient popular German folk tale but also a great dramatization of timeless tale of our dreams & redemption in a never ending conquest of happiness & satisfaction in life.
Faust is a landmark of cinematic achievement not only for its great visual effects but also the efforts & skills delivered by the actors were spellbinding.

A must see for the fans of Murnau's 1922 classic Nosferatu. Get ready to see his another magnificent spectacle in cinema.

>>: A
Old 06-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Cranky

The Robot Vs. the Aztec Mummy

Classic Mexican horror so bad it's surreal.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 06-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

:cool:
Old 06-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Bad Natured

Les Diaboliques (1955). The back drop of this mystery classic is the analogy of the human condition in the film, portraying the decaying, depressing, and mean-spirited essence that is the human condition. Director Clouzot has helmed this wonderful movie perfectly, starting out a bit slow and then slowly building steam until it is almost unbearable. The two conniving women play their parts with antipodal aplomb, each able to fill the void in the other. The story itself was an incredible mystery with a suitable ending. The black and white film captured the essence of the movie, dark with a rotting sense of moral depletion. All in all a magnificent movie experience. Merci beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Les Diaboliques (1955). The back drop of this mystery classic is the analogy of the human condition in the film, portraying the decaying, depressing, and mean-spirited essence that is the human condition. Director Clouzot has helmed this wonderful movie perfectly, starting out a bit slow and then slowly building steam until it is almost unbearable. The two conniving women play their parts with antipodal aplomb, each able to fill the void in the other. The story itself was an incredible mystery with a suitable ending. The black and white film captured the essence of the movie, dark with a rotting sense of moral depletion. All in all a magnificent movie experience. Merci beaucoup.
d
One of my very favorites.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Evil Dead

"Ghidrah, The Three Headed Monster"

Godzilla. Rodan and Mothra (caterpiller version) put aside their differences and fight their common enemy, the space monster Ghidrah. One of the best in the series.