Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-01-2013, 12:45 PM
The Boogeyman

Watched 1408 again. Still think it's an awesome movie.
7.5/10

Thaw

IDK. thought this movie was really boring and very predictable. Kinda made think of a stupid version of The Thing. Thought it would be better being a ghost house film...still dumb and boring.
3/10
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

The Woman In Black (2012)- It's a slow burning movie but I really liked it. I have yet to see the original one so I cannot compare but on its own, I liked it. Daniel Radcliffe is excellent in this and it's good to see that he didn't get typecast.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraxi View Post
The Woman In Black (2012)- It's a slow burning movie but I really liked it. I have yet to see the original one so I cannot compare but on its own, I liked it. Daniel Radcliffe is excellent in this and it's good to see that he didn't get typecast.
I kinda liked it too. There were some pretty creepy parts. Unfortunately, I fell asleep near the end so I'm going to have to revisit it.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraxi View Post
You can watch the original here though it's not fantastic quality-for that you need to get the UK DVD release

Old 02-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
You can watch the original here though it's not fantastic quality-for that you need to get the UK DVD release

Thank you! I tend to watch most of my TV and movies online anyway so it's usually not the best quality.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:33 AM
The Boogeyman

The Pact

Movie was actually really good. A lot of action in the bringing which I wans't expecting at all. (which was good) It kinda made me think about paranormal activity without the found footage. Really kinda kept you on your toes. The last 30 mins throws the movie into a completely different way and the twist was pretty cool. Def recommend this movie.

7/10
Old 02-02-2013, 09:51 AM
For Vendetta

It makes you feel like it's a needless sequel, made to cash in on the success of the first film. But it is actually fairly enjoyable, with a few appreciable sequences. The direction is a bit mediocre though, and the film slightly lacks the raw grittiness and punch of the original. Overall, recommended for Neeson/Besson/action fans as a good time-pass.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

The Devil's Carnival- If this movie were a person I'd want to punch it in the face. Awful. I ended up shutting it off.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 AM
For Vendetta

Now here's a sequel which was unnecessary, and also didn't make sense if you go by the logic of the series' storyline. Watch PA2 and this one back to back and you will know what I mean. Except for the lovely Kathryn Newton there's nothing much to write home about in this one, unless you are a fan of jumpy scares and nonsensical plotlines. In fact, there are places where one feels the makers are trying to make a mockery of the audience (the Shining cycle scene, the fake pull from behind scene, etc.)

And to add to all this, there's #5 coming next year. Oh boy...

Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Death Race: Inferno (2012)

Oh, that South African hottie Tanit Phoenix should be more regular in movies...I'd love to see her in lots of movies....:o

>>: C+

Zero Dark Thirty (2012)

After Ben Affleck's ARGO, this is the 2nd Oscar-nominated film of 2012 which is based on a CIA's one of the major successful operations. Argo is about a rescue mission during 1979 Iran hostage crisis & this one is a dramatization of the trail resulting the covert operation that killed Osama Bin Laden in Abbottabad, Pakistan in 2011. Besides this little similarity in the plot content, strangely there are some other similarities also regarding the dramatization of these historical events. Both the films were quite simplistic in nature without delivering much as an intense-entertaining Hollywood drama/thriller. Both the lead in the films came out kinda empty or blank in character development area with somewhat a dry or mechanical form of script. Moreover, the very interesting subject matter of the films required gripping story progression which were clearly lacked in these movies. Overall, I won't be interested to spend my time on these movies again. Watching a film about tracking down & killing the world's most infamous terrorist...I expected a lot more, not something like a pseudo-documentary. Overall, little better than Argo though.

>>: B-

Harold's Going Stiff (2011)

This beautiful indie Britt Zombedy comes with a refreshing take on our tired but lovable sub-genre of 'living dead'. This lovely slow-burn, somewhat metaphorical tale of old age & friendship investigates "Onset Rigors Disease", a mystery illness turning men in the north of England into something resembling bloodthirsty ghouls. The character on title, Harold, a lonely old man whose gradual transformation into something sub-human might just be arrested by the love of Penny, a dedicated home care nurse looking to put a little zing into her love life. And then there are hilariously inept vigilante squad whose members are more brain-dead than the monsters they're hunting...overall, this is a pretty fine original gem that will gradually catch more attention from the genre fans in coming days, I believe.

Highly recommended; particularly to our HDC veterans...NE, Newb, Doc Faus, Hammerfan, __V__, CG, Ferox and Angra. I think you' guys will at least like it for sure.

>>: A-

Hellgate aka Shadows (2011)

>>: D+

Last edited by roshiq; 02-03-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Tags
movie