Old 09-24-2015, 04:39 PM
The Creeper

Some of the worst, most boring shit ever.

However, I found the spin-off "The Marked Ones" to be much more entertaining. Hopefully the next spin-off, "The Ghost Protocol" doesn't revert to the slow, boring approach of the original series.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Hellraiser

the first Paranormal Activity was a fun watch, was entertaining and interesting... it built the suspense. was good, and it helped watching it with someone who was also pumped to see it.

the Second Paranormal Activity was extremely long, dry, boring... just Awful.

I personally thought that Paranormal Activity 3 was the best. more action, more set-ups, suspense was more constant and done with much more creativity. A great fun watch that left a bunch of us talking and making fun jokes of Toby afterwards for a while.

I have hated all the witch stuff though otherwise... found the 4th one boring, and uneventful... 5th one was just BLEH with the storyline i thought, but was ok i guess.

Last edited by OLO; 10-06-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:32 AM
Evil Dead

I actually really like witch/coven movies, and maybe that's why I like all 5 of them. The first one is a classic to me; the second and third almost match the original. The fourth and fifth are good too.

On another note, do you think The Ghost Dimension will have anything to do with The Marked Ones, or will TMO just be a completely separate story?
Old 10-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Fear scented candle

I like 1 and 2, and 3 was adequate. After that it got boring and "okay, we get it, demons and witches and shit. Yep, Katie is in THIS ONE TOO. GOT IT"
Old 10-07-2015, 06:59 AM
Evil Dead

So the consensus is...none. Ya'll've been so helpful.... ;)
Old 10-07-2015, 07:27 AM
Evil Dead

If you didn't like the first one, don't watch the sequels. The PA series is an acquired taste, so if slow movies aren't your thing, just stay away from it. The good thing about the sequels is that they do expand the mythology. Maybe I just like them because it's difficult for me to get bored during a movie.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
If you didn't like the first one, don't watch the sequels. The PA series is an acquired taste, so if slow movies aren't your thing, just stay away from it. The good thing about the sequels is that they do expand the mythology. Maybe I just like them because it's difficult for me to get bored during a movie.
I've only seen the first and it seemed like the one thing that got people's attention was the woman being moved around without seeing what's moving her. The rest seemed like a typical mediocre horror flic. The boyfriend(husband?) harassing the entity when told not to was so annoyingly bad. That's why I asked if any of the others were worth watching since they're very popular.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
I've only seen the first and it seemed like the one thing that got people's attention was the woman being moved around without seeing what's moving her. The rest seemed like a typical mediocre horror flic. The boyfriend(husband?) harassing the entity when told not to was so annoyingly bad. That's why I asked if any of the others were worth watching since they're very popular.

i dont disagree with with you here... most people i know also disliked the arrogance and stupidity of the guy as well.

have you seen the third one though? the third one i felt was the best, more action, much more creative aspects involved... just a better overall movie throughout. still same style though. me and friends were talking on it and joking around with some of the parts afterwards for awhile... enjoyable!!!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Hellraiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I know it gets a lot of hate, but I love the first one. It was absolutely brilliant. Unlike many modern horror films, it utilizes genuine suspense rather than relying on cheap jump scares. Of course, many modern audiences do not have much of an attention span, in what I have observed. Of the sequels, the second and third were good, but not as good as the first by a long shot. Any after that are just stupid. The fifth does not even try to be scary.
I'm with you, I thought the first one was brilliant, and scary. I actually had trouble sleeping, though I was at a point in my life where I kind of believed in that stuff. The sequels are like Halloween sequels--they are ruined by backstory, and much, much inferior.

I quit on P3 finding it not unnerving at all.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Little Boo

I loved the First one. Part of my enjoyment was that when I saw it in the theater this guy jumped over the railing and ran out of the theater. His girlfriend was left sitting there with this "Really??" look on her face. I liked 2 and 3 and how everything tied together. 4 needs to be put in a toilet. 4.5 (The Marked Ones) was ok and in The Ghost Dimension when you finally see the monster he looks like the bad guy from Fern Gully.