Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-05-2005, 12:17 AM
I'M 37!!!

Attack of the Puppet People

Ok, who's seen this Black & White 1950's flick? I bought it for aboot $5 in a cheapie bin. I was expecting many things from it since it was from the 50's era, but was horribly dissapointed.

This had to have been the worst 50's flick I have ever seen! First off, the title does no justice. First off, they're not really puppets. They're just smaller versions of themselves. Get it right people. Second of all, it dragged a helluva lot. I mean, the flick is only 79 minutes long and I felt like I watched it for hours on end. I hate it when flick's do that.

The boyfriend sucked badly in this flick! First off, how the hell did his pick-up lines work on the chick? He basically insulted her (if I can remember.) And, the guy who played him (I could give a rat's ass wat his name is) sucked as an actor. Who hired this bozo?

It's pretty funny too how I've read these positive reviews and people saying it was a good 50's flick. IMO, there is a helluva lot of better 50's flicks out there. Like the original House of Wax. That is just my opinion though.

So, whaddya guys think of the movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 08-05-2005, 01:19 PM
The horror of the minds

Never heard of it untill now, but sound really stupi d by the title alone.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Thepuppetmaster
Dont forget another couple of classics such as The house on Haunted hill. and The Haunting
Old 08-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned

From what i remember [ its been years ] it was pretty corny.More a product of its time. They were pretty nonchalant about being miniaturized....didn't they come out of their little tubes and start dancing at one point?

Old 08-13-2005, 07:54 PM
The horror of the minds

Looks kinds og funny.
Fear is in the mind of the beholder. If that mind is strong engough fear can be defated. If the minds is weak, and the fear is storng, the fear will control the life. THe fear couldn't be defeated the life would be controled by it forevere.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Well, no matter how much it SUCKS, I still saw it on TV more than once when I was a kid, and it was good crap to pass the time. Therefore it is goooooooood. Bert I. Gordon did this flick I believe, with John Hoyt as the flipped out mad scientist?
Old 08-27-2005, 09:07 PM
I'M 37!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by newb
From what i remember [ its been years ] it was pretty corny.More a product of its time. They were pretty nonchalant about being miniaturized....didn't they come out of their little tubes and start dancing at one point?

Yes they did! For what reason, I'll probably never know. But the funniest thing about that was when they were done dancing, they'd go back to being scared and frightened of the man. WTF??? :confused: That, has to be the worst display of acting that I've ever seen! Just plain pathetic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!