Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 07-02-2018, 06:46 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Anyone else hate YouTube as much as I do?

I mean, it's not really the videos I hate as much as it is the people who comment on the videos. There's always somebody posting something stupid and hateful to try and upset people and I have seen perfectly innocent comments lead to actual death threats.

I really think YouTube should remove the comments feature on their videos. I get so sick of all the racism, sexism, death threats, rape threats, and pedophiles. I also get sick of the fact that YouTube doesn't do **** about these people.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Banned

I don't even bother reading the comments because no matter what people are always going to talk shit whether if they mean it or not. They can't help themselves. In fact there's someone here I'm thinking of who particularly has a moist spot for trolls. Don't tell anyone but I bet if you go to Chi town she'll ride your dick.

But seriously though, the comments always take the fun out of it as most people try to outdo each other on who can be the most racist and nasty to others. Just avoid the comments bro.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I don't even bother reading the comments because no matter what people are always going to talk shit whether if they mean it or not. They can't help themselves. In fact there's someone here I'm thinking of who particularly has a moist spot for trolls. Don't tell anyone but I bet if you go to Chi town she'll ride your dick.

But seriously though, the comments always take the fun out of it as most people try to outdo each other on who can be the most racist and nasty to others. Just avoid the comments bro.
Yeah you're right, it does help to ignore the comments. In fact I feel that watching YouTube from a smart TV, bluray player, or game system is the best way to do it because you can't even see the comments from there.

Edit: And yes there are trolls everywhere. This is probably the only online community I have found since the day I first got internet that isn't completely filled with assholes and lunatics trying to drive me away (except for maybe one or two).

God I really hate millennials.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 07-02-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Yeah you're right, it does help to ignore the comments. In fact I feel that watching YouTube from a smart TV, bluray player, or game system is the best way to do it because you can't even see the comments from there.
I love using my PS4 for Youtube, especially if I find a full movie I want to watch.
Old 07-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I love using my PS4 for Youtube, especially if I find a full movie I want to watch.
I used to use my PS3, but now that it's broken I use my new bluray player. They're also great for Netflix and Hulu.

My stepdad gave me his old Xbox 360 and I could use it for YouTube and Netflix and Hulu but it's so old I think I'd rather just use it for games. I feel like eventually I should save for a new game system but that will take a long time for me.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:50 PM
This is a test

I love the youtube! Actually it where i watch all my movies and ive watched documentaries, cooking shows, music videos from long ago, etc. I can always find the weirdest and obscure subjects.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:23 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I love the youtube! Actually it where i watch all my movies and ive watched documentaries, cooking shows, music videos from long ago, etc. I can always find the weirdest and obscure subjects.
Well like I said before the videos themselves aren't the problem, it's the people who comment on the videos. I think those trolls should all sodomize themselves with a red hot iron poker.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I mean, it's not really the videos I hate as much as it is the people who comment on the videos. There's always somebody posting something stupid and hateful to try and upset people and I have seen perfectly innocent comments lead to actual death threats.

I really think YouTube should remove the comments feature on their videos. I get so sick of all the racism, sexism, death threats, rape threats, and pedophiles. I also get sick of the fact that YouTube doesn't do **** about these people.
Honestly, I love the Comments section on youtube. Maybe we look at different stuff (out of what? infinite possibilities) but the vast majority of comments I read are genuine and friendly, and some are darn right insightful. But maybe that's because I watch mostly documentary/info stuff. I've certainly seen the troll comments too, but they're usually just pretty pathetic, or sometimes kinda funny. On top of all that I'm a huge believer in free speech, and youtube is a dream come true. For what it's worth, I'd suggest just seeing the comments for what they are, and above all appreciate the genuine and lovely comments and thank God for the free speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
You watch some documentaries too, Bloofs? Groovy! Say, does this doc on youtube interest you? Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance (1993) It's a good doc on the Oka Crisis that occurred 1990 in Quebec, Canada. I wrote a review of it here.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:59 AM
This is a test

I remember Oka. It's about a two hour drive from where i live. I saw your review and kept meaning to check it out. I'll watch docs on horror, the british health care system, people living in the remotest parts of the world etc.

The comments can range from troll to my new best friend. I dont pay too much attention to them.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:27 AM
Evil Dead

I reported a guy who had posted pedo fiction on youtube. Nothing happened.