Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows

Old 05-28-2015, 10:14 AM
Little Boo

In short, "Daredevil" is the show "Gotham" should have been but sadly (and very irritatingly) wasn't. It has nuance, intelligence, suspense, and some really nice action sequences (all done practically, which I love)-- which are all things that "Gotham" lacked. The show is really great, though Daredevil's costume in the end left a bit to be desired, but the creators themselves have admitted that its creation was rushed and that they'll be re-vamping it and improving it some for the next season. Can't wait!
Old 05-31-2015, 02:39 AM
Evil Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEaston011 View Post
though Daredevil's costume in the end left a bit to be desired, but the creators themselves have admitted that its creation was rushed and that they'll be re-vamping it and improving it some for the next season. Can't wait!
I read the costume looks a little flashy so it would fit in with The Avengers, because he's getting a part in the third movie.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:55 PM
Evil Sweat

Jon Bernthal (Shane from The Walking Dead) will play The Punisher in season 2.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:12 AM
Evil Dead

Just finished binge watching this series over the weekend. It's honestly better than any superhero TV show has a right to be. It's just damn good television. So much of which looks like a comic page come to life. The fight choreography is insane. They really nailed the action throughout. The direction is superb and there was some really inventive camera work and editing during some of the fight scenes. The casting is excellent and there are some fantastic performances. Vincent D'Onofrio steals every scene he's in and he is completely transformed as Wilson Fisk on screen. The costume reveal and final fight scene were epic. I really can not wait to watch season 2!
Old 02-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Evil Sweat

Only a month until the next season, featuring The Punisher!
And with the succes of Deadpool we might get more R-Rated superhero action.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:25 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEaston011 View Post
In short, "Daredevil" is the show "Gotham" should have been but sadly (and very irritatingly) wasn't.
I couldn't help but compare Daredevil with Gotham as I was watching it too. Disappointing that Gotham didn't get as exciting as I had hoped, but when your favorite character is only a child and not really doing anything involving fighting crime yet, it makes for a slow pace. Daredevil thankfully got off the ground without starting at the beginning of the beginning so that there was a lot of action. But yet he was new enough on the superhero scene that there was still fantastic character build up as we're watching him grow from his experiences.

-

Just finished season one, and am taking a breather before starting on 2. I am just in love. And so damn excited with Punisher coming in. I hope he's better in this than the movie, but from what I've heard online so far we won't be disappointed.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 03-21-2016, 07:14 PM
Evil Sweat

Finished season 2 yesterday.
Good/great as usual. The Punisher wasn't perfect but pretty awesome.
I hope he gets his own series. I rather see The Punisher starring Daredevil than the other way around.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:09 AM
Evil Dead

I loved the first season of Daredevil but I think season 2 was even better.
I actually did a video review of it:

https://youtu.be/d-IsNpaamv4

Let me know what you guys think.
I'm a big fan of Daredevil and I can't wait for season 3... If there is gonna be a season 3.