Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Little Boo

A remake of Martyrs!

The French-Canadian film Martyrs is being remade and it'll be American.. it was such a good movie, I sometimes doubt American horror.. especially remakes.. but I hope it turns out good!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlydrawngirl View Post
The French-Canadian film Martyrs is being remade and it'll be American.. it was such a good movie, I sometimes doubt American horror.. especially remakes.. but I hope it turns out good!
Why bother? its a fab film already,they wont be able to improve on it.Just look at Let the Right one in...Let me in
Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 AM
Evil Dead

Yes,another major frickin` pointless remake for those braindead arseoles who cannot fucking read.:mad:
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 AM
From The Beyond

I wasn't too keen on the original so this I wouldn't touch with wizard of gore's!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Misanthrope

I quite liked Let Me In.

I don't see this remake being as good however as there were so many layers to it and most Hollywood stuff is pretty hollow.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
Why bother? its a fab film already,they wont be able to improve on it.Just look at Let the Right one in...Let me in
basically what i'm saying. perfect movie. americans put their hands on it and make it a 'teen scream' but i'm HOPING that it wont be that way, since the original director is apparently a part of the remake. lets just hope.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I quite liked Let Me In.

I don't see this remake being as good however as there were so many layers to it and most Hollywood stuff is pretty hollow.
Me too re Let Me In.

What bothers me most about the remake of Martyrs is this comment by director Daniel Stamm (The Last Exorcism):

"Martyrs is very nihilistic," he told 24 Frames. "The American approach [that I'm looking at] would go through all that darkness but then give a glimmer of hope. You don't have to shoot yourself when it's over."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movi...iel-stamm.html

Talk about dumbing it down for the American audiences. Quite frankly, the strongest quality of Martyrs that connected with me and haunted me was its Nihilism and absolute utter hopeless. THAT'S PART OF THE FUCKING POINT.

If you add a "glimmer of hope" then you're fucking ruining it. Don't bother. ARGH.

I'm usually not this up-in-arms about remakes (because some of them can be good, like Let Me In and, in my opinion, The Grudge), but this specific comment just grinds my gears. Talk about pussifying a movie.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Me too re Let Me In.

What bothers me most about the remake of Martyrs is this comment by director Daniel Stamm (The Last Exorcism):

"Martyrs is very nihilistic," he told 24 Frames. "The American approach [that I'm looking at] would go through all that darkness but then give a glimmer of hope. You don't have to shoot yourself when it's over."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movi...iel-stamm.html

Talk about dumbing it down for the American audiences. Quite frankly, the strongest quality of Martyrs that connected with me and haunted me was its Nihilism and absolute utter hopeless. THAT'S PART OF THE FUCKING POINT.

If you add a "glimmer of hope" then you're fucking ruining it. Don't bother. ARGH.

I'm usually not this up-in-arms about remakes (because some of them can be good, like Let Me In and, in my opinion, The Grudge), but this specific comment just grinds my gears. Talk about pussifying a movie.
omg that's exactly what I said. add a glimmer of hope and you ruin the fucking movie. i'm just trying to be optimistic that for once they'll leave remake a good movie into another good movie... but with martyrs.. doubt it!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM
Dr. Angel Grant

Send a message via Skype™ to tallahassee1408
i haven't seen the original what's it about???
Old 11-14-2012, 04:38 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallahassee1408 View Post
i haven't seen the original what's it about???
Basically torture.