Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Spalovač mrtvol (The Cremator) (1969)

Incredibly dark-humored, flitteringly surreal, and at its core, a fiery and frightening film.
Certainly recommended, and available on Hulu Plus.
I'll have to check this one out-looks good :)
Old 01-20-2013, 11:44 PM
From The Beyond

The Flesh and The Fiends (1959) Horror about "Burke and Hare" in 19th century Edinburgh. Two very strong performances from Peter Cushing as Doctor Knox and Donald Pleasance as one of the "fiends". I was very surprised at how this developed and it was very effective at portraying the harshness of the time through sharp dialogue as well as greatly evocative sets of the era.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Evil Dead

"Dracula" (1931)
-Bela Lugosi

Plot: The vampire king leaves Transylvania for England and begins to suck around.

Phantoms Review: A true film classic. While it might be slow by modern standards, this is the Dracula film that all others are judged by. Lugosi gives a mesmerizing performance as the count and Dwight Frye is brilliant as Reinfield.Creepy and atmospheric. One of my all time favorites.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 PM
Evil Dead

I watched The Birds (1963) this week. I remember loving this movie as a kid. Possibly my first horror movie ever.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:03 PM
From The Beyond

Dungeon Of Harrow (1964) Very strange little horror this, the performances are a bit stilted but has some very enjoyable trippy moments which make it worth checking out. There is some entertainment value to be had in watching the actors stumble through the thing.

You can watch it here but for a better quality print you need to get the Sinister Cinema 2010 DVD though unfortunately that version is also missing a nude scene:-

Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Re-watched The Raven (1935) again the other day.

I never get tired of this Karloff & Lugosi classic. Lugosi is so great. Same with The Black Cat (1934).

Outside of the actual "Monster Movies" from the 1930's (Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, etc.) Those two films are my absolute favorites.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Evil Dead

13 Ghost (1960)

I seen re-make of this movie, a number of times. Which I really love, I did find some of those ghost really scary with those make up effect and there were some decent gore in that movie. , I do like the remake a lot better then this.

I did not like this movie at all, I found the whole movie very boring and I didn't find anything scary at all or even creepy.

The ghost scenes do seem a little out dated now and I didn't really like that little twist, if you can call that, it's wasn't much of a twist,

I don't it was really needed for this kinda of movie

There were one or two scenes that liked but nothing really remember able

I going to give this movie 4 out of 10

The Innocents (1961)

I loved how this movie tries to creepy out even before the movie as started as the start of the movie, you get the Really Creepy Kids voice.

That is one hell of the way to the start a movie like this, I creepy factor dose not stop there at all.

As the movie keeps going you may thing that Kids how doing something as do act a little stange in some scenes.

I love this very dark settling movie, there are some very creepy scenes in this movie, the laughing near end of the movie was very creepy.

I loved the ending of this movie, I clad that is one reason this might never see a remake, I can't see that do that ending now-er days

The acting was outstanding from the whole cast 10 out of 10

The Haunting (1963)

I have seen once before, When I wasn't to keen on Black and White movies in my teens years, no that I am Older, Wider :happy: , I have got used to this Black and white movies.

It's not was one of the scariest movies I have seen but that dose not I didn't like It.

I really enjoyed this movie and some really good moment in this movie and sounds effect were really good for the time.

I really liked scenes of breathing door it was very strange in a good way the

acting the movie was really good as well.

I really enjoyed how the plot came to end, I kinda of knew that going to happen.

7/8 out of 10

Carnival Of Souls (1962)

What to make of this movie, it's started of with some drag race, which drives girls of the road in the lake.

Then soon one of them have survived and soon strange think start happing and see start to she thing.

Wow, This movie very bizarre. there some very good creepy moment, one or two scene did creepy out a little.

The plot can be very confusing at times, that may annoy some people I think,

I kinda of knew what the twist was as the movie went one.

I felt there were some plot holes left unanswered in this movie, which did annoy me a little.

I don't if I miss something, Maybe I think too much about the twist in the movie

Outstanding acting from the whole cast

I going give this movie 7 out of 10
8 out 10
Old 02-16-2013, 11:50 AM
SweeneyPoe

Lon Chaney Sr !! The man of 1,000 faves was epic !!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:56 PM
SweeneyPoe

Lon Chaney Sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorre View Post
The Last Man on Earth
The Bat
The Brain that wouldn't die
The Corpse Vanishes
Nosferatu
M
Recently watched The Penalty, Phantom of the Opera, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. What Lon Chaney film should I watch next ??
Old 02-24-2013, 10:04 PM
mostly ghostly?

Playtime (1967)

Got to see this one the big screen last night, and a 70mm print at that. And man oh man. One of the best theater experiences of my life.