Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-11-2006, 01:02 PM
I ain't afraid'a no ghost

Send a message via MSN to stygianwitch
Immortal

DVD
Old 08-11-2006, 02:10 PM
BH14

Quote:
Originally posted by persuasian70
My favorite Ninja movies of the 80's were Enter the Ninja, Return of the Ninja, and Rage of Honor which featured Sho Kosugi. Does anyone remember these movies.

Is one of those movies with a girl ninja as the main character and she has an evil spirit take over her body and then she goes on a killing spree? I remember a movie like that. I liked it back then.

It's time to bring back the ninja movies.

ht tp://www.chasingthefrog.com/catalog/my_movies.php?username=sirbflo114
Old 08-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to persuasian70
Quote:
Originally posted by BH14
Is one of those movies with a girl ninja as the main character and she has an evil spirit take over her body and then she goes on a killing spree? I remember a movie like that. I liked it back then.

It's time to bring back the ninja movies.
The movie you are thinking about is Ninja 3: The Domination. I enjoyed this movie as well, but not as good as Revenge of the Ninja. I looked on IMDB and The Return of the Ninja was just announced and Sho has a part in it. Yes, ninja movies are back.
Plot Synopsis for The Return of the Ninja : The last ninja master travels to America to find an heir to the martial arts legacy.

Last edited by persuasian70; 08-11-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Misanthrope

^^ Ninja III is a fucking great flick!

I just got thru with Shallow Ground. Pretty decent low budget gem. One of those spirits back from the dead kinda deals. Well worth your time.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:45 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
A Sound Of Thunder

Movies like this are the reason that everyone shits on CGI.

To be honest it wasnt an awful film....the actors were really bad, as were the effects and the script....but it kept me entertained. The story was very good, maybe I should read the original novel sometime.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
The Hills Have Eyes (remake)

I liked it. The trailer scene was FREAKY and VERY intense. It was gory enough, actually somewhat sad, and I felt bad for the Ruby girl. I wish the *spoiler mild* 2 teens got to do more fighting stuff, like, turn the tables more, instead of just the other guy.* I enjoyed the fight scene in the house, and *spoiler* i'm glad the baby got out ok.* I HATED how they ended it, it was stupid. really, really, stupid. The acting was really good for all the characters, and that's always a plus in a horror movie. I still think it felt like it ended too early though.

8/10

^Feedback please^

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Anatomy
>>>: B-

MadHouse
>>>: B
Old 08-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Therapy?

Population 436

"A census-taker is sent to investigate why a certain small town has had the same population -- 436 residents -- for the last 100 years."

Despite the above average plot it was just an average movie, kind of boring at times when it shouldn't have been actually. It wasn't much of a horror movie, I found it more along the lines of the village.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:15 AM
I ain't afraid'a no ghost

Send a message via MSN to stygianwitch
last night watched Immortal

DVD
Old 08-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Evil Dead

Finally got around to seeing SW:Ep3.
I agree that this was better than the two preceeding it, by far.
(r2 was badass), the storyline, and the "change" and revealation that the empire was established pretty much more through corruption and lies rather than by force was interesting to see...
But in all honesty, now that I've seen all three of them, I remain unimpressed at large. The swordfighting across the board 1-3 was obviously a little better in terms of effects and coreography, the musical scoring was as always good...but up until this finished, I was hoping for a moment in any of these films that came close to the original (4-6) trilogy...and it just never happened. I can understand how some fans of 4-6 may hate the newer ones on principle, it's just like the horror purists with their rage against the remake...or at least similar...I try not to be like that in general, and I haven't been like that now...I didn't sit and compare every moment and scene of the 1-3 trilogy with the old films, I didn't think "this'll be shit" from the get-go, I gave them all a chance...and they all had cool moments, but for me, none of the newer 1-3 have evoked the same kind of "feel" as the old ones did.
...and one last thing, was I the only one that thought the lizard that obi-wan rode in the third one looked absolutely shit? Didn't much like the cyborg guy either, but at least he put up a pretty decent fight.
I'd give it 6/10.

Last edited by Phalanx; 08-12-2006 at 03:31 AM.