Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers

Old 07-06-2005, 08:13 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Quote:
Originally posted by bloodrayne

AND...I hate commercials:rolleyes:
Yeah, those Blockbuster commercials piss me off.

"When me and my girlfriends heard Blockbuster stopped late fees, we wuz all, 'See ya!' Yeah, we're watching movies like crazy now, its awwwwesome. Boyyyyyy!"

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Can you dig it ?

Quote:
When Sam and Mister Sadistro inform us about their new projects, that's okay
Many people here know what I do, but only once did I ever mention a film by name since people could watch it online for free (a long, long time ago). Some are good. Some aren't. It doesn't matter since it would still be spam. That would be horribly hypocritical of me :D I still say the filmmakers around these parts should send out screeners. Perhaps then others might be inclined to talk about their work (rather than having somebody show up and ask stupid obvious questions that are obviously a ruse).
CK
Old 07-06-2005, 08:19 PM
I'M 37!!!

Quote:
originally posted by ItsAlive75

Yeah, those Blockbuster commercials piss me off.

"When me and my girlfriends heard Blockbuster stopped late fees, we wuz all, 'See ya!' Yeah, we're watching movies like crazy now, its awwwwesome. Boyyyyyy!"
Same here! But I also hate those damn Snapple commercials! They get on my last fucking nerves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Scares Little Kids

I know ads on the net suck, but how else am I supposed to tell people about my movie? I love horror movies, but I'm not a member of every single chat room, and when people who run the site don't answer my e-mails, I few other choices. I'm sorry to piss you off, but as someone who spent two years making non-mainstream horror movie on my own with the intention of rocking the horror world, why can't I post here? -Dylan Bank
Old 07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
I'M 37!!!

Quote:
originally posted by Dylan Bank
I know ads on the net suck, but how else am I supposed to tell people about my movie? I love horror movies, but I'm not a member of every single chat room, and when people who run the site don't answer my e-mails, I few other choices. I'm sorry to piss you off, but as someone who spent two years making non-mainstream horror movie on my own with the intention of rocking the horror world, why can't I post here? -Dylan Bank
How bout' just sit down, relax, wait for the video to be released, and then see how it does.

By the way, word of advice: STOP SPAMMING, ASSHOLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretchucker View Post
It's not rape if you shout suprise!
Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Ok, look at it this way. Go up to someone, tell them you've made a movie, and leave. That's pointless and annoying. On the other hand, when you're talking to someone you've known for a while (and, preferably are friends with), bring up the fact that you've made a movie. Perfectly justifiable.

BTW, it took you two years to make THAT unoriginal-looking tripe? Or did it take you a couple months and the rest of the time you spent making that pointless ass website?

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 07-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Can you dig it ?

Quote:
hmmm ... I think you already answered your own question. You are NOT a member here. You joined when it was time to spam your film. Nobody here cares how long you spent on it because you weren't a member before and as far as many people here concerned (myself included), you never will be because of crap like this. You are an opportunist. Again, send out screeners to review sites that might be interested if you want people to hear about your film. oooooh that's right. You can't since the film isn't finished. So you won't waste a reviewer's time, but you will waste the time of people here ? Good luck with it now. You're really going to need it.
CK
Old 07-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Dylan Bank

Well. First off, you knew that there was already a thread started regarding your "film." You should have just posted in it instead of starting what most see as a duplicate thread! Thats a NO-NO on most sites. Ohhhh, you would still be a spammer, trying to get some free advertising and we all would still say fuck you, but at least you would be showing some consideration to others, which is good for the soul. We also see a continued ad in your second post that started with "I know ads on the net suck..." followed up with "...the intention of rocking the horror world..." How lame.

Why piss off people/possible film viewers before they see it. If it's that important to you, scrape up the cash and advertise legitimately like everybody else.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:48 PM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Dylan Bank

When my film was finished I didn't do anything but make a thread saying that I had just finished my first movie because I was excited and just wanted to tell someone.

I didn't say the name,website,film festival or anything else because I was unaware that since I'd been here for awhile that it woulda been ok so I just thought that it woulda made everybody mad if I adverised it.

The point of what I just said is that I having been here for over a year had the consideration not to advertise my film because I thought it would upset people while you on the other hand knowing and I quote ''ads on the net suck'' still decided to just pop up here when it's time to spam your film and do it. Then to add on to it someone else who you obviously know started one or two other threads about the same thing.

Enter it into a film festival,advertise on a site you're a regular member on,send out screeners as Mr.Sadistro mentioned,get a agent. There are more ways to advertise your film than to piss off an entire site who's probably not going to bother with it anyway.

p.s.
After seeing what it's about if it took you two years to make it then you probably don't have any buisness being a director in the first place.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Can you dig it ?

Next spammer up !
CK

Tags
freddy krueger, nightmare, spam