Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-15-2005, 04:20 AM
The Dork Knight

Re: Stephen King !!

Quote:
Originally posted by bruzzeler
Oh what ?!?! Here is a Thread about filmmkers but no one posted anything to the King of Horror ???
Now its done!! I think the King of Horror is really Mr. King! If you think of Horror, you think of Stephen!

www.stephen-king.de

!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FANS !!!!!!!!!!

He's an author not a filmmaker.

when I think of horror I don't think of Stephen to tell you the truth I don't think of anybody paticular because there is no ''king of horror'' and if I were to give someone that title it wouldn't be him, most of his books are the same with different characters and slightly changed plots/origions. If you're going to call somebody the ''king of horror'' how about Karloff,Hitchcock,Romero ect. Basically someone who actually might deserve it, but I stick with my previous statement that there is no one ''king of horror''.

Maybe you could say masters of horror which would imply that there's more than just one person who's got a lock on how to make a good horror film and everybody else is below him because it disrespects people like Cronenberg,Carpenter,Argento people who actually know something about filmmaking.

And about the debate over wether he did the Shining remake or not,If he did do the Shining remake he doesn't really deserve any credit for it, he was mad at the changes Kubrick made when in fact he should've got down on his knees and thanked him for what he did to what apparently would've been a shitty movie if King would've had his way back then.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Re: Stephen King !!

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808

And about the debate over wether he did the Shining remake or not,If he did do the Shining remake he doesn't really deserve any credit for it, he was mad at the changes Kubrick made when in fact he should've got down on his knees and thanked him for what he did to what apparently would've been a shitty movie if King would've had his way back then.

LMAO. I agree. None of SK's movies turn out that well. He should definately be greatful for the success the original "Shining" has had.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Hey Rayne...

According to both IMDb and the box for Sometimes the Come Back...Again, a guy named Adam Grossman directed the sequel to Sometimes they Come Back. He also directed Wes Craven's remake of Carnival of Souls....
Old 06-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Hey Rayne...

According to both IMDb and the box for Sometimes the Come Back...Again, a guy named Adam Grossman directed the sequel to Sometimes they Come Back. He also directed Wes Craven's remake of Carnival of Souls....
Hmm...Wonder why it was listed in his filmography that way...Mistake?...Or, perhaps he only assisted?...

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 06-22-2005, 04:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodrayne
Hmm...Wonder why it was listed in his filmography that way...Mistake?...Or, perhaps he only assisted?...

they try to attach his name to as many things as possible ..

Marketing.

look at all the books he 'endorses' as if he even reads them ..
he gets paid to do that.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:16 AM
Tenant

Re: Stephen King !!

Quote:
Originally posted by bruzzeler
Oh what ?!?! Here is a Thread about filmmkers but no one posted anything to the King of Horror ???
Now its done!! I think the King of Horror is really Mr. King! If you think of Horror, you think of Stephen!

www.stephen-king.de

!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FANS !!!!!!!!!!
If I knew German, that'd be a swell site.

Stephen King is the man, he may not be the best film maker, but he's a hullava writer.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:37 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
they try to attach his name to as many things as possible ..

Marketing.

look at all the books he 'endorses' as if he even reads them ..
he gets paid to do that.

I hate when they do that bullshit, if I made a film and the studio went and plastered someone else's name on it I'd be ticked the fuck off personally.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I hate when they do that bullshit, if I made a film and the studio went and plastered someone else's name on it I'd be ticked the fuck off personally.

not if you were looking for the big breakthrough and it automatically 10X your box office take because it was suddenly deemed viable due to an endorsement ...

i'd do it .. once.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:14 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
not if you were looking for the big breakthrough and it automatically 10X your box office take because it was suddenly deemed viable due to an endorsement ...

i'd do it .. once.

Yeah but what about the people like the genius who started this thread who are going to think Stephen King(or whoever) made the film?
Old 06-29-2005, 06:03 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to azathoth777 Send a message via Yahoo to azathoth777
I don't see King as all the great. All the movies/mini-series based on his books ( Kubricks Shining excluded) suck. I liked his books when I was in Junior High, but now... not at all.