Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-17-2013, 01:37 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Comedown (2012)

An average Britt hoodie-horror slasher.

>>: C

Sorority Party Massacre (2013)

>>: D+

Death Walks at Midnight (1972)

Glad to find that there's still some Giallo left to see. It was a decent but average one with bit of Argento flavor here & there.

>>: B

Death Walks on High Heels (1971)

And Giallo fever with ravishing Susan Scott continues....it's a better one with a good & interesting murder-mystery set up.

>>: B+
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 AM
That fucking Guy...

The new "Oz" one.
I didn't mind it, seems to be getting a bit of a bad rap...I mean it wasn't a thing of greatness but it was fun to watch, felt respectful enough, had some interesting effects and was funny at times too.

I only felt it was lacking in the plot elements....of the "bad" witch posing as the good one and trying to set her counterpart up (that part was in itself "ok"), and the eventual "push" they were able to give their misguided sister into evil seemed to be well, not as much of a motivation as you'd think. I mean c'mon, she knew the guy for all of five minutes. :rolleyes: that, and her green makeup didn't look as good as it could have

The cast was solidly "not bad", though personally I think that Kunis chick can't just CAN'T act for shit. Franco is a little wooden too, but hey.

Overall while I won't be rushing out to buy it on BluRay when it's out, I won't speak too ill of it. I've seen far worse a recent attempt to revisit similar subject matter...
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 AM
Little Boo

i watch sinister again last night
Old 03-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Another Kind (2011)

A small group of friends find themselves followed by an unseen/unknown entity while spending a weekend camping in the Catskill Mountains. Though the plot seemingly offers nothing new as it centers around the cliched theme of "there's something in the woods!" but still I'd say it's a well made film & the little cast did a fine job with their assigned roles. But 'sadly'...I just found the twist at the end hilarious & ruined the whole build up for me. The problem is they tried to provide a Big answer for what did actually happened with the group and which is clearly not required for this sort of films. It'd be better if they just treated it as a psychological horror through a mind-twisting evil entity!

>>: C+

Ice Age 4:Continental Drift (2012)

Ted (2012)

Piggy (2012)

After his only brother got killed by a gang of thugs, mild mannered Joe was devastated & feels abandoned by the world, until one day 'Piggy' turns up at his door, claiming to be an old friend of his brother. Piggy offers him to get justice for his brother's killing, resulting a series of events in a campaign of violence and murder. But who is this Piggy...a vigilante who just feeds on other people's vengeance or a long hidden psyche of Joe himself??

A good Britt, bloody revenge drama.

Blacker than the Night (1975)

Fans of the original The Woman in Black should check out this Mexican gem of 70's. It's got a ghost of a freaky old lady & a creepy "blacker than Night" cat!!...a top-notch combo for a haunted house flick! Loved it.

>>: A-
Old 03-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Midnight toker

The Woman in Black (2012): Finally got round to watching this one, really enjoyed it. Good ghost story, few too many jump scares and not quite enough atmosphere but overall pretty good. Ciarán Hinds was excellent.... Only problem for me was the ending;

SPOILER:

They provide a nice sting in the tail by having the woman in black as the malevolvent spirit that is hellbent on revenge, even after the resolution, but don't want to fully commit to the dark ending that it should've been. Instead, Radcliffe trying to save his kid somehow allows for a sidestep of eternal limbo with the woman in black and allows he and his son to reunite with the dead wife/mother in some sort of sickly sweet afterlife.... Didn't quite work for me.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:22 AM
Pirate of Bengal

My Dear Killer (1972)

Good story, good mystery, good Giallo; only problem was there's too many characters that sometime made it bit hard to follow.

>>: B

Axed (2012)

A Britt Indie psycho-drama about a man who takes his family to a surprise trip in a remote countryside house where he has already even abducted his boss for firing him from the job & having an affair with his wife. Now the crazy dad goes on a planned rampage to torture & kill them all...including his 2 children.
Found it bit amusing at times but near the end it become bit long & tedious. Not too bad, overall.

Frankenweenie (2012)

Simply beautiful! But man...that vampire cat was utterly creepy!! Anyway, it's really wonderful to see our very favorite icon of Horror...Sir Vincent Price on the screen after quite a long time. Thank you, Mr. Burton for bringing him back in such a remarkable way:)

Out of Mind: The Stories of H.P. Lovecraft (1998)

A great indie effort! This is really a good & clever combination of couple of stories of Lovecraft in one single storyline. Kudos to the actor (Christopher Heyerdahl) who plays the role of the Master...I guess, this is the most finest portrayal of Lovecraft I've seen so far.

Minotaur (2006)

Based on the Greek mythology, Tom Hardy plays the Heroic role of Theseous but as there's some changes in this adaptation, so he's just a humble shepherd, named Theo, haunted by the loss of his love, Fion, in an earlier sacrifice, is convinced that the beast is not a deity and his love still lives within the labyrinth of the beast. Rutger Hauer plays his father role & Tony Todd as the King Deucalion. The surprise package from the cast-list of this sy-fy channel flick not only ends here, as the end credit roles, it came to my notice that even Ingrid Pitt was there in the role of disfigured 'Leper'!

Overall, better than average sy-fy channel movies.

Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll aka House of Psychotic Women (1973)

A great, unpredictable Giallo staring Paul 'Macho' Naschy. It's got everything that any Giallo lover likes to see in a Giallo flick...a great mystery, brutal killing of beautiful female victims using blade, knife & other respectable tools, lustful 70's Euro babes, a creepy score for every time someone gets killed! Despite of its some minor sleaziness, I just simply loved it.

6 Plots (2012)

An Aussie SAW-influenced thriller; while attending a fun party at a friend's house, after getting drunk, Brie wakes up & find that each of her friends have been buried alive in unknown locations across the city, all of whom await a cruel and ironic fate if she doesn't stop the faceless killer in time.

Very average but the most annoying thing is there's no clear revelation about the killer or what motivated him behind his activity or to go through all those hazardous process to trap & kill his victims.

>>: C-

Night of the Comet (1984)

Doomsday in 80's! Great fun movie, Loved it.

Last edited by roshiq; 03-23-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:43 AM
Living Dead

5ive Girls

Er.. Not fantastic . Think they kept forgetting Ron Perlman was in it, the CGI was terrible regardless of when the film was made.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Living Dead

Stitches 2012

Not bad, i think it could have used being darker or being funnier. Clowns dont worry me at all so theres not really a fear factor. Some boring patches but the death scenes were interesting.

My first thought upon seeing the teenage tom - "thats kevin chalk!" - waterloo road
Old 03-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Horror Fan

"The Pledge" (2001). Great crime film.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers View Post
"The Pledge" (2001). Great crime film.
Great character study and some fine performances... I found it a really hard watch though.

Tags
movie