Old 12-30-2013, 01:47 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by knife_fight View Post
This is the same for me, except I like to pretend Crystal Skull doesn't exist. I have the same attitude about it as the Star Wars prequels.
Really? You didn't even enjoy the first 98% of last film Revenge of the Sith? The ending Vader scene was a bit abrupt, short, stiff and seemed like a throw in, but I thought the first 98% it was quiet well done. I think the material in Revenge should have been slit into two films. Make it seven parts.

I did enjoy all the films. But I had problems with some aspects of the prequels (midichrorians, Jar-Jar, some disjointed one-liners). Actually, what I didn't like about the prequels is what I didn't like about Return of the Jedi, as much of those things started in that film (yub-yub Ewoks, mellodramatic end of the Vader/Luke fight: Vader taking "the pose" hanging the railing). Still, Return of the Jedi's Emperor/Luke and Death Star space battle is fantastic. And the prequels have similair fantastic aspects.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-30-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:49 PM
ventricle

I'd really like to see a sharp director make Star Wars films from the Timothy Zhan trilogy books. Those were excellent stories, and take place from the second Revenge of the Sith ends. I think Guillermo del Toro
would be a good choice. Can anyone think of a good director for those?

Old 12-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Evil Dead

Del Toro would be awesome for SW, he has an excellent style.

Back on the subject of Indy, I think a darker relic could be cool for him to pursue too, maybe even something rooted in demonology. Something like the Pazuzu statue.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:23 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Del Toro would be awesome for SW, he has an excellent style.

Back on the subject of Indy, I think a darker relic could be cool for him to pursue too, maybe even something rooted in demonology. Something like the Pazuzu statue.
That might work. American audiences really liked seeing the Ark be proven real to Indy. The rather loose "Indian vudoo" they used in Temple of Doom, was not well received. Along with it being poorly researched and presented. I think a subject with a strong historical basis, a tie to reality and faith reafirming, is the track Raiders showed worked. What's the Pazuzu statue?

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-01-2014 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:33 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
If they make a fifth one how would you like to see it done? I'd like to see it darker in tone like TOD was and use a different mythology. I always thought the lost city of Atlantis would've been awesome for Indy to pursue for a final quest.
You are aware there is a point and click adventure game called 'Indiana Jones and the Fate of Lost Atlantis' and it's f-ing AWESOME!?!?!?!?
Old 01-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

wrong thread -

"Please delete me, let me go .."
Old 01-26-2014, 03:29 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhenderson View Post
You are aware there is a point and click adventure game called 'Indiana Jones and the Fate of Lost Atlantis' and it's f-ing AWESOME!?!?!?!?

Heard of that game and been meaning to play it, seems cool.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:01 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Heard of that game and been meaning to play it, seems cool.
For...22+ years?

Yeah I remember it. Not bad. If you like old sierra games and things like Broken Sword it'll work for you.

Though for a more action oriented title, with a pretty decent script, go with the much more recent "Emperors Tomb" Very satisfying title.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
That might work. American audiences really liked seeing the Ark be proven real to Indy. The rather loose "Indian vudoo" they used in Temple of Doom, was not well received. Along with it being poorly researched and presented. I think a subject with a strong historical basis, a tie to reality and faith reafirming, is the track Raiders showed worked. What's the Pazuzu statue?

Pazuzu.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Evil Dead

On the subject of a fifth film, I was reading the newest issue of Starburst magazine and they had a section about upcoming movies and said Indiana Jones 5 is looking likely with Disney's plans for another film and a greenlight is expected anyday by now. Not exactly a confirmation but it's looking pretty probable we'll get an official announcement not too long from now.