Old 04-04-2007, 04:35 PM
BlkLblBrewr

Zombie(?) Film Help?!?

This has been bugging me for a very...very long time:

Looking for the title of a movie I saw on cable about 24 years ago. All I can remember (foggily) is the following:

* A man (or couple) are being pursued during daylight hours by zombie-like monsters in cloaks (hooded robes).

* The cloak-zombies don't move very fast, but I don't remember them hobbling around like the undead, either.

* The couple seek refuge indoors (possibly in a motel room), and possibly after one of them has been injured.

* As they enter the room, they place a cross in the window (possibly a large wooden crucifix, 3 feet long approx.) to repel these zombie-like, uniform, cloaked, creatures.

* The cloak-zombies shrink back at the sight of the cross and avert their eyes, but I don't believe that they "run" away, exactly. They might retreat and look for another entrance.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Evil Dead

This sounds a little like The Omega Man(1971).But it doesn't quite fit.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:50 PM
BlkLblBrewr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP McCoy View Post
This sounds a little like The Omega Man(1971).But it doesn't quite fit.
Yes, very much like Omega Man. That would have been my first crack at the movie most like it. But there's definitely a "repelled by crosses" element. That would be the main break with Ω-man.

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I just saw "The Devil's Rain" and I don't remember if there was a repelled by crosses bit but the wacky devil worshipers were hooded. Omega Man or Last Man on Earth, maybe?

There's also Tombs of the Blind Dead and its sequels, those guys were hooded and moved slowly but did not shamble; don't remember any crucifix action in those, though, specifically.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
BlkLblBrewr

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapple View Post
I just saw "The Devil's Rain" and I don't remember if there was a repelled by crosses bit but the wacky devil worshipers were hooded. Omega Man or Last Man on Earth, maybe?

There's also Tombs of the Blind Dead and its sequels, those guys were hooded and moved slowly but did not shamble; don't remember any crucifix action in those, though, specifically.
You know, "The Devil's Rain" might be it. It looks familiar. If not, thanks anyway for the killer suggestion. I might have a new favorite (after "The Exorcist").
Old 04-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
I think the Blind Dead were repelled by crosses. I know it's not Omega Man because he mentioned a couple and a hotel. People should see Devil's Rain. Shatner, Travolta, Borgnine...it's a delightful gallery of Hollywood's greatest human muppets.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I actually thought The Devil's Rain was kinda....awesome. Definitely worth seeing once at least, widescreen and uncut. You get your money's worth of melting people at the end.

Friend....gooooood!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:53 AM
New leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
I think the Blind Dead were repelled by crosses. I know it's not Omega Man because he mentioned a couple and a hotel. People should see Devil's Rain. Shatner, Travolta, Borgnine...it's a delightful gallery of Hollywood's greatest human muppets.
I don't recall the Blind Dead being repelled by crosses, if I remember correctly the only defense one had against the Blind Dead was silence.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:10 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

I think the Blind Dead are actually really awesome too, in a lot of ways.

Friend....gooooood!