Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies

Old 10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
For Vendetta

Romero bringing Diary of the Dead sequel

October 31, 2007

Although George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead won't be released until next year, producers Artfire Films and Romero-Grunwald Prods. have already greenlit a sequel.

Diary received generally positive reviews after its premiere in Toronto, and the sequel will take place immediately after the end of the first film, according to Screen International.

The script, to be written and directed by Romero, will see survivors from the first film escape to a remote island, only to be plunged into another battle with the undead.

It will be Romero's sixth zombie flick, following Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead and the aforementioned Diary. And while there's no word yet on a title, we wouldn't be surprised if the godfather of gore plumps for "Island of the Dead".

Whatever the case, Romero's latest horror opus is set to shoot in Spring 2008.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
I think Romero should venture out now and do something different this time around.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah, I don't know about this. I thought "Land" was pretty bad. Also, "The script, to be written and directed by Romero, will see survivors from the first film escape to a remote island, only to be plunged into another battle with the undead." sounds more like a sequel to the "Dawn" remake.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Tenant

Yeah, Romero is becoming less and less credible. He needs to quit while he's ahead; I don't like the direction his films are taking.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
I'm a huge Romero fan, so . . . . . . AWESOME! ! !
Old 11-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Hellraiser

yea, I'll watch it. The guy's a legend. He does zombies good
Old 11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Well, I don't think this one will be a blockbuster, but you have to take into account that its Romero, he doesn't really need to make a good movie for horror fans to watch it. Shit i bet he could film something in his back yard with his friends and family and people would want to watch it.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:31 AM
Don't close your eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick_As_Fuck View Post
Yeah, I don't know about this. I thought "Land" was pretty bad. Also, "The script, to be written and directed by Romero, will see survivors from the first film escape to a remote island, only to be plunged into another battle with the undead." sounds more like a sequel to the "Dawn" remake.
Agree with you on both points. My thoughts exactly about sounding like a Dawn remake sequel. To me it didn't look like anybody made it. You know these film makers the opening shot of the new movie will be of someone up a tree throwing coconuts at the zombies lol:D
Old 11-03-2007, 04:04 AM
Evil Dead

So...what's this a sequel to anyway? the dawn remake?
Just going with the island connection and all...unless diary of the dead was something I'd missed?
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 AM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

im happy with anything he does... just unsure bout day remake but looking forward to diary, tho i think it sounds too much like 'my name is bruce' or 'wrong turn 2' or 'leslie vernon' but it still sounds good.

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"

Tags
dead, george a. romero, survival, zombie