Old 08-19-2015, 10:45 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Secretary-2002. James Spader omg. Much better than 50 Shades.
James Spader is so fucking amazing. He was the best part of Age of Ultron. ...If you know how much I love the Avengers (the good guys not the bad guys) you'd know how much that meant coming from me.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
The Boy, 2015. 7/10

Thumb resize.
I was just wondering what this movie was about when I found this via a link you made in another topic actually. They have showings in PA. And I REALLY want to see it. I hate having no money and living in the middle of nowhere. 8( http://www.horrorsociety.com/2015/08...esent-the-boy/

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 PM
Pirate of Bengal

The Boy (2015)

A decent evil child flick with a sort of art-house approach and that wasn't a good idea for this kind of movie, IMO...as at times it was quite slow & dull.

>>: B-

Bloody Sunday (2002)

>>: A-
Old 08-20-2015, 12:51 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Thumb resize.

20 years later.

Thumb resize.
Ha! Nice one.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:04 AM
Evil Dead

The Pact 2

Dull, nothing new to the series visually or experience wise. And maybe its just me, but it seems like the camera focuses on breasts so much that its very noticeable. The lead actress is mediocre, the boyfriend's acting is awful. Even Caity Lotz(star of the first) seemed to be making little effort. Haley Hudson(plays Stevie, the girl with the weird and sunken looking eyes) was great, but her character's 'strangeness' and ability to know paranormal stuff feels like she was just thrown in to be interesting. Like a random monster walking past saying to the main character 'oh, this is why stuff is happening to you' and then ambling on.

2/10

Vampires 2010 Belgian film

Easily described. This film is a precursor to, and probably influenced some way, What We Do in the Shadows and where that film is fun and funny this film is not. The characters actions, words, thoughts, etc seem inane to the theme. The dialogue insults the audience's intelligence, same for the humor. Its not 'low brow', but dull and tired. No great lines like "We're werewolves, not swearwolves!"

Couldn't finish it.
1/10

(Divergent) Insurgent 2015

I don't remember much about the first except that it was mildly entertaining. This was trite and too easily ended. I was able to finish it though. I'm sure there are a lot of comparisons between this and The Hunger Games series. I like the film adaptations of The Hunger Game series, but won't give it any money for various reasons. Where those films are well shot, well acted, and generally well written Insurgent feels like the script was edited by too many hands, some sort of cliche of hollywood film executives ruining it. I do not know if this occurred of course, but the film felt like it did.

4/10
Old 08-20-2015, 08:06 AM
Evil Sweat

The Boy (2015)
Too much drama and not enough horror for my taste.

Cop Car (2015)
Bacon was great as usual. Rest of the movie not so much.
Starts out alright but then I started caring less and less about what would happpen.

Lost After Dark (2015)
Shitty slasher. Not cheap or anything, just bad.
There's a fake reel missing for some reason. It's a horror movie and you cut out horror? Why? And what happened? Rape? Cannibalism? Both?
Best thing about this movie was Robert Patrick. The poor fella. He deserves better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I was just wondering what this movie was about when I found this via a link you made in another topic actually. They have showings in PA. And I REALLY want to see it. I hate having no money and living in the middle of nowhere. 8( http://www.horrorsociety.com/2015/08...esent-the-boy/
Coughdownload. Cough! Cough!
Old 08-20-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post
Coughdownload. Cough! Cough!
Not big on those. I'd rather watch on Netflix or find it uploaded online somewhere to watch if I can help it.

Old 08-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Evil Sweat

The D-Train (2015)
Turned it off halfway through.
There was a certain scene and after that I was like "No, I don't care what comes next. This is too dumb."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Not big on those. I'd rather watch on Netflix or find it uploaded online somewhere to watch if I can help it.
I got a premium account with some filesharing website and it gives me access to almost anything I need and without viruses.
And when I like a certain movie I just buy it afterwards.

Netflix is still in its early stages over here and what they offer is still small.
Especially when it comes to (recent) horror movies.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Evil Dead

D

All I can say is WTF??!!

A+

Totally kick ass!! I am a HUGE fan of the MI movies!!!!

Last edited by tfantasy; 08-21-2015 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:22 AM
Evil Dead

I forgot about one......

A+

I love this movie so I had to buy it

Tags
movie