Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-27-2015, 08:34 PM
Evil Dead

Rank The Friday The 13th Films

I know we've had some F13 topics before but it seems none specific to ranking the films. Been a long time fan since I was a kid and love most of them. Rank all twelve in your order of preference with Freddy Vs. Jason and the 2009 reboot/remake in the mix. My ranking goes:

The Final Chapter
Jason Lives
Part 2
The New Blood
Part 3
Part 1
Reboot
A New Beginning
Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes To Hell
Freddy Vs. Jason
Jason X

The films can be of varying quality but there's definitely serious high points. I'm a softee for most of them being that the series got me into Horror and movies in general at a young age.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:12 PM
Banned

I thought the reboot was considered non-canon offal. I expect the same treatment for the announced prequel/sequel/reboot/reimagining/re-stooling.

FvJ
JX
JGTH
Old 02-27-2015, 11:39 PM
Evil Dead

LOVE the first one-absolutely scared me out of my wits back when, but find all the others hard going and have not seen any after 8, other than FREDDY VS JASON which wasn't bad for what it was. So a slight deviation from all 12 to my nine...
1-Original
2 Part 6-good sense of humor and Alice Cooper tunes as well.
3- Part4-Crispin Glover and Kimberly Beck good in here
4-Part 7
5-FVJ
6-Part 3-Awesome 3-D when I sw this
7-Part 2
8-Part 5-Pretty putrid except for Debisue Voorhees::love:
9-Part 8-The WORST
Old 03-01-2015, 01:34 AM
Evil Dead

I'm not a fan of parts 9 or 10 at all, but the reboot from 2009 is pretty decent.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Scares Little Kids

Jason Lives
Friday 13th Part 8
Remake
Friday 13th Final Chapter
Friday 13th
Freddy vs Jason
Jason X
Friday 13th New Blood
Friday 13th Part 3
Friday 13th Part 2
Jason goes to hell
Friday 13th New Begining

Last edited by Jason X; 03-02-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
Rabbit in Red

Friday the 13th ranking

I would agree with most of these, but c'mon: I love Jason Goes to Hell and Jason Takes Manhattan for their wonderfully campy scenes. They may be my favorite if we're talking comedy and not horror :)

Jason 8: Knocking that boxer's head off- priceless. The "who gives a damn, it's just another day" look from the New Yorkers. Great.

Jason 9: First, I screamed with excitement (given, I was a teen) when Freddy's hand shot up at the end. And the Jason mask hamburgers? Yum :)

Yeah, terrible for horror, but I think they're pretty great if you look at them from a different perspective. I still enjoy them.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Evil Dead

There's things about them I enjoy but overall I vastly prefer the style of the first seven. I do give credit though that they tried to freshen things up.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Rabbit in Red

Friday the 13th

True. With that said, 4 is my favorite- Love the end with Corey Feldman shaving his head, all the horror masks, lots of family dying.

2 is my next favorite- the heroine dressing like his mom, his mother's head, so cool.

And you can't go wrong with 1: best ending ever for two reasons. We see a head cut off and an amazing epilogue with Jason jumping out of the water.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Evil Dead

Curious as to how you rank the entire series together, with FVJ and the reboot in the mix?

I'll admit I do have a bit of a nostalgic affinity for 8 and 9; I watched 8 a lot as a kid and I remember seeing 9 in theaters back in 1993, so while neither film is anything particularly good to me, I do get some fun out of viewing them from time to time. 8 has some genuinely good stuff in it and it's a shame due to budget issues the director had to downscale so much of his initial vision.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:10 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Curious as to how you rank the entire series together, with FVJ and the reboot in the mix?

I'll admit I do have a bit of a nostalgic affinity for 8 and 9; I watched 8 a lot as a kid and I remember seeing 9 in theaters back in 1993, so while neither film is anything particularly good to me, I do get some fun out of viewing them from time to time. 8 has some genuinely good stuff in it and it's a shame due to budget issues the director had to downscale so much of his initial vision.
This request goes out to Jigsaw Killer
He'll be watching Part VIII later this month
Its lure is a great one, my friend, but beware,
This film casts many shadows indeed.