Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2019, 07:45 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I wish I knew about this place back then. Everywhere else I go has their own clicks and will be so quick to turn against you if they don't like you.
We had that going on too...but it was more like the majority of that crowd was kind've more mature, and really an amazing bunch of people that were just here to shoot the shit about anything and everything horror related or otherwise - Like a big family...but yes, there were quite a few pop up cases of people that stirred shit...and there was always more than enough people to slap them down for it.
I don't believe anyone got ganged up on or bullied or anything like that though, it was more just a chorus of "cut the shit".
Most settled of course, some didn't.

But yeah, it was vibrant...it was literally buzzing nearly at all times...you'd come in and see 10-15 new topics every other day, and like 20+ new posts in most ongoing threads. I don't know what the difference was...people moved on I guess...and lost interest when things kept fucking up here.
You "regular" posters in here now would have fit in really well back then.

I don't know if newb actually wanted to be legitimately banned or not.
In hindsight it's a decision I should have spent some more time to ponder... Though, I'd assumed the request legit and not too problematic for him to "come back" anyways.
I guess, I was disappointed because when I see someone, or a few people return for an appearance here and there, every time, every single time I hope it's to stay and maybe bring back a bit of what kept us all here in the first place.

So maybe I just went on "fuck it" mode, took the request with something of a heavy heart, because I don't know...I see no way of fixing this forum at all, and now we have no way of new members signing up at all...and now, it's just another step further away from where it was.

Back to random shit I guess

Went into the gym today and saw my PT.
He actually wants me to aim to train less than I'd intended to, to kind of work up my attendance. I get that, to a point.
He's writing my up a new programme to follow as well, and we're going to go every 2 months to get a check up and adjust programme.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:08 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
We had that going on too...but it was more like the majority of that crowd was kind've more mature, and really an amazing bunch of people that were just here to shoot the shit about anything and everything horror related or otherwise - Like a big family...but yes, there were quite a few pop up cases of people that stirred shit...and there was always more than enough people to slap them down for it.
I don't believe anyone got ganged up on or bullied or anything like that though, it was more just a chorus of "cut the shit".
Most settled of course, some didn't.

But yeah, it was vibrant...it was literally buzzing nearly at all times...you'd come in and see 10-15 new topics every other day, and like 20+ new posts in most ongoing threads. I don't know what the difference was...people moved on I guess...and lost interest when things kept fucking up here.
You "regular" posters in here now would have fit in really well back then.

I don't know if newb actually wanted to be legitimately banned or not.
In hindsight it's a decision I should have spent some more time to ponder... Though, I'd assumed the request legit and not too problematic for him to "come back" anyways.
I guess, I was disappointed because when I see someone, or a few people return for an appearance here and there, every time, every single time I hope it's to stay and maybe bring back a bit of what kept us all here in the first place.

So maybe I just went on "fuck it" mode, took the request with something of a heavy heart, because I don't know...I see no way of fixing this forum at all, and now we have no way of new members signing up at all...and now, it's just another step further away from where it was.

Back to random shit I guess

Went into the gym today and saw my PT.
He actually wants me to aim to train less than I'd intended to, to kind of work up my attendance. I get that, to a point.
He's writing my up a new programme to follow as well, and we're going to go every 2 months to get a check up and adjust programme.
I loved doing the 100 years of horror compilation. that was a blast!

You doing PT... coming back from an injury?

Old 01-14-2019, 08:19 PM
Banned

I was probably a member of Bloody Disgusting longer than anywhere and made a lot of friends there and even met the filmmaker Lucifer Valentine through the message board. There are admins there who abused their power though and as everyone knows, in places like these which are usually full of perverted nerdy guys oh, it doesn't take very much influence from women to sway people in whatever Direction they want them to. I honestly hated that kind of shit because I have always been the type of person who won't just sit there saying thank you sir may I have another because I'm not two-dimensional like that. I am narcissistic, yes, but not in the kind of way someone sadistic who uses other people's suffering to improve their self-esteem and Public Image. It's an uncontrollable ego trip which open the floodgates to a superiority complex. It's okay to believe in yourself and freely speak your mind, that is the kind of narcissism that actually attracts people, or one of the main qualities of the alpha male for a lack of a better term, but when people are so full of themselves and are able to easily manipulate people and feed off of their emotions like vampires which makes them stronger individually and socially. Narcissistic nihilists quite frankly scared the hell out of me.

Anyway, yeah, ain't nobody got time for that...
Old 01-14-2019, 08:28 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
I loved doing the 100 years of horror compilation. that was a blast!
I remember seeing it, never took part personally but yeah...was huge.

Quote:
You doing PT... coming back from an injury?
No, just a personal trainer appointment/session.
I'm not coming back from an injury, just coming back.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:38 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Ah yes the glory days of old. I don’t visit as often as I should but every time I think of this place all my memories are happy. I think one of the ones that sticks out most to me was “the package” fiasco which I was a part of, even though I hate to admit it.

And the other was one particular member who thought we were all out to get him and even went to different message boards telling people that.

But all in all I think social media paired with the sites owner just not caring about the place would be the biggest reason this place is where it is today. I can say proudly I spent many nights and days here giving and receiving some fantastic recommendations for horror movies. I just hope the site continues to endure for many more years to come.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:39 PM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
And the other was one particular member who thought we were all out to get him and even went to different message boards telling people that.
Was that "The Return" by any chance? Had like an penguin avatar?

Quote:
I just hope the site continues to endure for many more years to come.
Well, I'm here. You're here. Margarine is here. The "new crew" of regular posters is here and for the better part they're actually alright.
We're just...smaller.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:27 AM
This is a test

Lol, i remember an outstanding time for me even though I've only been here for a few years. When Michael Myers went on his search for the Wendigo. Loved it.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:49 AM
Banned

We just need to face the fact that social media has killed the message boards. It's only the True Grit like us who still use them. At least it separates us from others and shows our commitment to the genre and our fandom.
Old 01-15-2019, 08:42 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley's Ghost View Post
So newb was banned
Thank god for that
Was a dinosaur
An somewhat of a brat
Newb was a time long ago
A time that has come to pass
So I’ll also join him and say
“zwoti....feel free to ban my ass.”
Excellent poem, newb! Good to have multiple accounts. By the last two lines, I guess there's still plenty more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I remember seeing it, never took part personally but yeah...was huge.

No, just a personal trainer appointment/session.
I'm not coming back from an injury, just coming back.
Oh yeah, great discussions and debate. I still remember Neverending went off on the suggestion of King Kong 76 for the 70s, how it was an insult to the 33' version, and The Villain or someone was like, 'this is a 70s comparison, and 76' was pretty good'. The discussions are probably better reading than the compilation.

Oh, PT, personal trainer, I thought it was physical therapy.

Last edited by Sculpt; 01-15-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:16 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Ah yes the glory days of old. I don’t visit as often as I should but every time I think of this place all my memories are happy. I think one of the ones that sticks out most to me was “the package” fiasco which I was a part of, even though I hate to admit it.
Tell us a little about 'the package', sounds hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Lol, i remember an outstanding time for me even though I've only been here for a few years. When Michael Myers went on his search for the Wendigo. Loved it.
Oh ya, I remember that. Dude was camping out in the woods in the winter snow, and had some encounters with a creature; I think he even said he shot at it in the dark of night.