Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman1971 View Post
If this is definitely PG-13, then I am going to skip it. It had gore in the original, and if they take it out, then it ruins the whole concept of this movie. I will not watch a washed down from the original horror movie. This is getting stupid with PG-13 horror taking over.
I have a hard time believing anyone could even conceive a PG13 hellraiser with all the bdsm outfits and self-mutilation that constitute the characters' visual designs (leaving out the gore in the movies aside).
Old 11-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Immortal horror fan

It would be a load of crap if the Hellraiser remake is watered down for PG-13. Wasn't the Evil Dead remake even R? Hellraiser calls for R if not a bit more.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
It would be a load of crap if the Hellraiser remake is watered down for PG-13. Wasn't the Evil Dead remake even R? Hellraiser calls for R if not a bit more.
I didn't think the original Hellraiser was nearly as gory as the original Evil Dead, and I don't see how they could possibly make a remake gorier than the new Evil Dead and still have an R rating.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:37 AM
No Tears Please...

A PG-13 remake would ruin everything that was amazing about "The Hellbound Heart". The book was incredible and gritty and gory. I would see it no matter what as I am a huge pinhead fan, but it wouldn't be right if they didn't show hooks piercing skin. Hell, the premise calls for to much gore for PG-13. The story revolves around a skinless man half of the film. I just pray they don't CG the cenobites. If there are CG cenobites, I will stop watching movies, forever. I cross my fingers that Clive Barker wouldn't allow them to destroy his vision.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:47 AM
I am the turtle lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
A PG-13 remake would ruin everything that was amazing about "The Hellbound Heart". The book was incredible and gritty and gory. I would see it no matter what as I am a huge pinhead fan, but it wouldn't be right if they didn't show hooks piercing skin. Hell, the premise calls for to much gore for PG-13. The story revolves around a skinless man half of the film. I just pray they don't CG the cenobites. If there are CG cenobites, I will stop watching movies, forever. I cross my fingers that Clive Barker wouldn't allow them to destroy his vision.
I agree. Why don't people stop remaking stuff and make something different. I bet these are people who don't have anything better to do.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:01 AM
fanged menace

NO just no, some things cant be redone. i wont stand for it.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:13 AM
I am the turtle lord

AGREED!
Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 AM
No Tears Please...

I agree some things shouldn't be redone. But I back a lot of remakes strictly to bring the classics to a fresh audience. I am perfectly happy seeing a remake of Hellraiser as long as it does Pinhead justice. It needs to be visceral. It needs to make your stomach turn and make it hard to sleep. I grew up watching low budget and classic horror movies with my dad. I saw every Hellraiser that went to theaters the day it came out. I watched The Toxic Avenger with my dad when I was six. The problem is, if you take the original Hellraiser and throw it up on a HD TV, the younger generation will immediately lose interest because it doesn't look good. At the end of the day, if the younger generation cant grasp classic horror and we don't introduce it to them in a format that they can appreciate we will slowly see the extinction on good, dirty, real horror and all that will be left is Paranormal Activity...

Rant, done.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:30 AM
I am the turtle lord

How can you remake perfect?! People don't ever use their imagination anymore. I can probably wip up a short presentation by using my imagination.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:58 AM
No Tears Please...

A remake does not always constitute a recreation. I want the same basic storyline but updated. I want to see the skinless man in true high definition. I really want to see the cenobites in all their glory. As long as Clive Barker is involved and does not let them CGI the movie to hell, I think I will be happy with it. I cant stand the use of CGI when it isn't needed. The original was beautiful, it was a masterpiece. That does not mean that it couldn't be better and more relevant to a modern audience. And this is coming from a guy that spent $500 on a functioning puzzle box.