Old 08-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

The red rings are making me very apprehensive of getting one for myself.
The RROD problem is the only thing that has stopped me from getting an Xbox 360.

I would like to get one, but it would piss me off badly if I bought it and it red ringed, especially since I knew how likely it would be.

It is a real shame that Microsoft haven't done anything to stop this problem from happening in subsequent revisions.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Evil Puppy

Meh, get one at BB and get the warranty. Although for anyone with a PS3, with so many cross console titles, I would wait until the price drops some more. I'm waiting on the PS3 to drop and the only reason I got the 360 first was the first couple waves of games and exclusives (not to mention the fact that companies were coding the PS3 versions of certain titles poorly). I guess if I had neither right now I'd still go for the 360 though, I've been waiting for Fable 2 for a while now.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Unfortunately in Australia we don't have BB. I'm pretty sure most places here would make you send the console away and wait for a replacement/repair (not sure if you get a refurbished one or your own back).
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManchestrMorgue View Post
Unfortunately in Australia we don't have BB. I'm pretty sure most places here would make you send the console away and wait for a replacement/repair (not sure if you get a refurbished one or your own back).
That is a bummer, but I heard if you have to send yours back you have to ask for a new one if it needs to be replaced completely. Otherwise you get a refurbished.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:59 PM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Meh, get one at BB and get the warranty. Although for anyone with a PS3, with so many cross console titles, I would wait until the price drops some more. I'm waiting on the PS3 to drop and the only reason I got the 360 first was the first couple waves of games and exclusives (not to mention the fact that companies were coding the PS3 versions of certain titles poorly). I guess if I had neither right now I'd still go for the 360 though, I've been waiting for Fable 2 for a while now.
Thats exactly why it makes more sense to wait. Newer games are being launched on a multi-platform basis, and between the PS3, Wii and my gaming rig of a PC, I really dont see any real hurry or need to get myself one.

Hopefully a future, much cheaper version with this problem fixed might end up on my table at Christmas-time. If not this year, then the next.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

Believe me.....If I didn't have so much fucking money already invested in games......I'd say fuck it......but I do.....so I can't.

got me over a barrel Mr. Gates:mad:
Old 09-02-2008, 08:02 AM
For Vendetta

I have a question to all 360 users...

Does the RROD problem happen to those who have the box in an AC-cooled room too?

Also, what about this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjinHmEoss
Old 09-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Soundtrack to Rambo

how many times are you gonna wrap it up in towels?..lol

i could imagine buying one from a pawn shop, red rings included.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I have a question to all 360 users...

Does the RROD problem happen to those who have the box in an AC-cooled room too?

Also, what about this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjinHmEoss
The RROD happend to me once but I had one of the first ones to come out.I sent it off and got a brand new one a month later and haven't had any problems since then.

As far as the towel thing go's I don't know anybody that has tried it but I dont know how well it work work and it would only be a temp fix so I guess it would be up to the person.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
This video is a little more better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avWs4-wD15w . It is the towel trick and it worked for me, 3 times. I learned this from Dan a writer for OXM. I bought one on launch day in 05, Never had a problem with it until last year when this first started surfacing. MS did do something about it in the new consoles, they've upgraded and replaced the chip that is causing this. They have also extended the warrenty to 3 years for everyone. Just call up 1-800-4my-xbox some peoples have taken really quick to get them back my buddy it took a week from when they got it.

Edit: As long as you have the xbox in a well ventilated area you should have no prob.