Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-30-2012, 04:09 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I think it was on one of those horror specials like "His Name Was Jason" or "Slasher Going to Pieces" where they talk about how the slasher/monster became the hero after a few movies. I just believe that's the wrong way to go overall. For some characters they should get it. Especially after breaking the rules. It sucks when those characters survive too. Like the practical joker in Friday the 13th Part 2 who is saved by his own drunken stupidity. But for example in the Friday the 13th remake, I didn't care about the movie after one character got the machete in the back. That was the writers showing me that they wanted to change the rules without making their own new rules.
You make some very valid points-you are right that it is extremely annoying when they change the rules in sequels in a way making them lose their authenticity and believability-excellent example about the Friday the 13th remake I truly despised it-I found nothing to like about it and I think it has killed the series off completely now.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 AM
Sometimes dead is better

What is your favorite Friday the 13th movie?

The first horror film I saw was Friday the 13th, I was five at the time. In the years since, I have seen every other Friday the 13th film (many of the films in the original series at least thirty times) and Jason Voorhees remains my favorite horror movie villain. Personally, my favorite was Friday the 13th Part VII because it was basically Carrie (another great horror film) versus Jason and it featured some really good kills. Also, this was the first film that Kane Hodder portrayed Jason (clearly the best actor to play the role of Jason). Which Friday the 13th film is your favorite?
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Sometimes dead is better

I have already mentioned my favorite film in the series. My second favorite was Friday the 13th Part VI because I thought it was pretty entertaining. Also, Jason officially becomes immortal and unlike some of the other films, I thought the acting in this film was actually pretty good. My third favorite was Friday the 13th Part III because it is the first film that Jason gets his mask and includes some pretty creative kill scenes. My fourth favorite would be Friday the 13th (1980) because it is the original film with Betsy Palmer. In fact, it was actually a good psychological thriller (A fusion of the slasher formula and Psycho in reverse). Overall, the series is very entertaining and holds up really well and I think one of the things that helps it do that (other than Jason) are the creative kill scenes. I will agree the series has major flaws, such as story continuity and a number of bad performances, but still it is a really enjoyable series (even if it is not entirely original. The remake was absoloutely terrible, even the worst Friday the 13th film in the original series looks like an Academy Award worthy film in comparison.

Last edited by metternich1815; 01-13-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
The remake was absoloutely terrible, even the worst Friday the 13th film in the original series looks like an Academy Award worthy film in comparison.
100% agreed the sequels had some flaws but compared to the shitty remake they look like masterpieces. It has killed the series completely for me.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Immortal horror fan

I was watching or reading something, I can't remember what. But it cracked me up. Basically the person noticed about the first 3 or 4 I believe, Friday the 13th movies that they are all happening around the same time. All these murders. And the cops are still almost treating it like no big deal. How if this was real, it would be on all the TV channels and the government would be involved. I just thought it was funny that Jason practically has his way with almost everyone.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Evil Dead

Not all movies are suppose to be believable. I never remember hearing how they wanted to make friday the 13th mirror reality...
Old 01-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywikkid View Post
Not all movies are suppose to be believable. I never remember hearing how they wanted to make friday the 13th mirror reality...
What do you mean mirror reality?
Old 04-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Evil Dead

Surprised I never posted in this thread before, I'm a long-time fan of the series and it got me into Horror at a young age. I'd rank them all:

The Final Chapter
Jason Lives
Part 2
The New Blood
Part 3
Part 1
Reboot
Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes To Hell
Freddy Vs. Jason
Jason X
Old 04-21-2014, 07:54 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Surprised I never posted in this thread before, I'm a long-time fan of the series and it got me into Horror at a young age. I'd rank them all:

The Final Chapter
Jason Lives
Part 2
The New Blood
Part 3
Part 1
Reboot
Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes To Hell
Freddy Vs. Jason
Jason X
You missed out Part 5: A New Beginning.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Evil Dead

Whoops. Re-ranking with the entire set:

The Final Chapter
Jason Lives
Part 2
The New Blood
Part 3
Part 1
Reboot
A New Beginning
Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes To Hell
Freddy Vs. Jason
Jason X

4 and 6 I alternate on as my ultimate favorite and I also tend to rotate between 5 and the reboot with their placement.