Old 04-23-2018, 09:29 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Lone Survivor

I know this game is a little old but has anyone else played it? It was made by a guy named Jasper Bryne.

I really like this game! It's like a pixel version of the old Silent Hill games and even though it's a short game I was surprised at how much detail was put into it. I've replayed it over and over and I still discover something new every time I play it. Also the story really messes with your head which is great.

I highly recommend it to anyone who was a fan of Silent Hill.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:37 AM
Scares Little Kids

Not that "old" but definitelly very well executed

Yes it's "old", yes is very well executed, yes yes yes :))
There is also a free online version of the game but I'm not sure it's the entire game.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:43 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniak View Post
Yes it's "old", yes is very well executed, yes yes yes :))
There is also a free online version of the game but I'm not sure it's the entire game.
I think The Director's Cut is the full version and it has to extra endings that help explain the story more.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I also downloaded two other pixel horror games called Home and Uncanny Valley. I hope they are as good as Lone Survivor.

Oh and from playing the game Lone Survivor here are all my personal theories about what was actually going on in the story.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD

I think that "Her" was either the girlfriend or simply a childhood friend of the main character and that she was killed in some kind of bomb explosion while riding a bus (possibly a terrorist attack). Her death caused him to go insane with grief and he started locking himself in his apartment to hide from the world.

He may even have a form of Paranoid Schizophrenia which caused him to create a delusion about the world ending and being the "lone survivor".

I think all the "monsters" were actually innocent people which is why you get a bad ending for killing them and a good ending for sneaking around them.

I think that "Her" and "Chie" (his nextdoor neighbor) were actually the same person, and Benzidol and Kenny were their friends and were possibly killed by him while he was delusional hence why they appear dead on the couch of Chie's apartment. I think they may have even been her roommates.

The man in blue and the man who wears a box were clearly the main character as an adult depending on his mental state. He becomes the blue man when he completely gives into his insanity and he becomes the other guy once he gets better in the hospital and learns to move on and accept what happened to "Her" (and he finally removes the box in the very end).

The white face man I think was either a) his doctor at the mental health hospital or b) the person responsible for blowing up the bus that the girl was on.

The boss monsters "Big Daddy" and "Mother" I think were his actual mother and father who were chasing him down because they were both worried about him and their pictures are the ones you see on the wall in his apartment.

"The Director" I'm pretty positive was an imaginary friend that the main character created in his mind, possibly based off the main character Rick Blaine from the movie Casablanca (probably the main character's favorite movie) and his "death" was the result of him no longer needing the help of an imaginary friend.

I also think Hank was a possible patient at the mental health hospital who suffered from a drug addiction and the main character befriended him either by slipping him drugs or by trying to help him overcome his addiction.