Old 08-05-2015, 05:42 AM
Evil Dead

Not sure if they're blacksploitation films by The Spook Who Sat By the Door and Black Ceaser are great flics.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Not sure if they're blacksploitation films by The Spook Who Sat By the Door and Black Ceaser are great flics.
Haven't seen the first title you mention, but we see eye to eye on Black Ceasar. It's a terrific flick.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Haven't seen the first title you mention, but we see eye to eye on Black Ceasar. It's a terrific flick.
The Spook Who Sat By the Door is based on the book. The first black man accepted into the...FBI or CIA, can't remember which...and learns all their strategies. Then starts creating a kind of rebellion using city gangs.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:54 AM
Evil Dead

I'm from England not Ireland. I am a fan of creature feature exploitationers. Films like ssssss, grizzly, piranha (i also love the remake) orca, killer bees and others. I've not seen black caesar, i'll give it a view, i do like satans cheerleaders and i'm a big womens prison fan also
Old 08-10-2015, 12:50 AM
Evil Dead

anybody a fan of 'q mthe winged serpent' i love the main guy in this, he's so feckless and wannabe badguy you've just gotta love him, plus the line 'piss on your prayers' always makes me smile, the line itself, plus how he delivers it

i also quite like the 'bunny man' films, although they don't do watching too often and you have to be in the mood for them
Old 08-10-2015, 02:49 AM
Horror > Everything

Q is a strange and fun film. I totally agree with you about Michael Moriarty's performance in the lead role. A desperate man but one who still see's a chance at a big payday, and couldn't care less where the money comes from.

I also love the fact that it's really Moriarty playing piano and singing in the bar. Gotta tell ya, when it comes to dudes I love to see in the moving pictures, Michael Moriarty is at the top of the list.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:19 AM
Evil Dead

got another two on my list to watch that i haven't seen before. Judy and skin em alive, the last one fascinates me purely for the title alone, sounds like i'll need a bar of soap after watching it! I watched black casear wasn't bad, don't really like the genre myself, reminded me of a black version of scarface and i can see why a lot of blaxploitation fans would like it. The film morriarty made after q, 'blood link' is also quite good, though its years since i've seen it

Q is an odd one, its like a gory version of a ray harryhausen movie, sort of an answer to those who pondered what it would be like if harrhausen monsters were more violent and bloody, it also has exploitation stalwarts David Carradine and Richard rowntree together!

Last edited by neilold; 08-11-2015 at 12:26 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:51 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
The Spook Who Sat By the Door is based on the book. The first black man accepted into the...FBI or CIA, can't remember which...and learns all their strategies. Then starts creating a kind of rebellion using city gangs.
Great film - often overlooked when talking about blaxploitation/black action cinema.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:56 AM
Evil Dead

fan of 'frozen' repo'd? It's in my top 5 horror movies ever, kind of a tribute to 70s 'natural disaster' movies, its a proper great film
Old 08-28-2015, 02:53 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
fan of 'frozen' repo'd? It's in my top 5 horror movies ever, kind of a tribute to 70s 'natural disaster' movies, its a proper great film
Frozen? The Adam Green film? Oh yeah, I really enjoyed that one. I never saw it as a throwback disaster flick, but I'll give it a rewatch one day soon and try to pick up on that vibe.