Old 10-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Sis-boom-bah

x

Last edited by Fake Shemp; 11-03-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Sis-boom-bah

x

Last edited by Fake Shemp; 11-03-2016 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Did you love Shivers? I did.
Yes, very much so.

Silver Bullet-1985.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:23 PM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Yes, very much so.

Silver Bullet-1985.
I hate to sound like a stalker... but I loved Silver Bullet also. My kids and I watched that one together and it's one of our "cozy" movies! ( I actually thought the priest was hot too, lol)
Old 10-21-2016, 07:36 AM
Evil Dead

And I watched George Romero's Knight Riders (1981)... all I knew about it was knights on motorcycles, and if I expected anything it was a campy Mad Max thing... which is totally incorrect. It surprised me. A few elements of the thing irk me slightly, but it's a wonderful handling of Arthurian stuff without being a retelling (although it helps if you know the Arthur stuff, so you can spot Elaine, the fisher king, etc. If you don't know that it might be confusing.) Merlin with butterflies painted on his scalp is a nice touch, Tom Savini turns in a great acting performance (seems to be just acting like himself), some jump-inducing stunts, and bonus points for Stephen King snorting down a sammich.
Anyone else seen it? It's a rather well made little film.[/QUOTE]

KNIGHTRIDERS is VERY good, although atypical for Romero.

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (1971). Some of the previous posts inspired me to watch this again. One of Kubrick's best, although it drags towards the end. Amazing work by John Alcott/Walter Carlos and Malcolm is very engaging in what have must been a difficult role. Oddly, as older, find lots of it quite funny...Alex's reunion with his droogs, his disciplining them and the scene with his parents and their border.
Back in 1971, this and STRAW DOGS were heartily condemned for the violence, but find CO to have a more choreographed feel (although "Surprise Visit" is so perverse) while SD has a more gritty sadistic edge to it.
Obviously not for everyone, but should be seen at least once. ****1/2
Old 10-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
I hate to sound like a stalker... but I loved Silver Bullet also. My kids and I watched that one together and it's one of our "cozy" movies! ( I actually thought the priest was hot too, lol)

Silver Bullet is one of my favorites. I watch it every year.

Exorcist II:The Heretic 2/10. I'm sad this is part of Richard Burton's filmography.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Quote:

I watched this for the first time just this Monday and thought it was charming, with some pretty slick werewolf FX and a fun cast. Gary Busey really was perfect for the role of Uncle Red.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:53 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE (1971). Some of the previous posts inspired me to watch this again. One of Kubrick's best, although it drags towards the end. Amazing work by John Alcott/Walter Carlos and Malcolm is very engaging in what have must been a difficult role. Oddly, as older, find lots of it quite funny...Alex's reunion with his droogs, his disciplining them and the scene with his parents and their border.
Back in 1971, this and STRAW DOGS were heartily condemned for the violence, but find CO to have a more choreographed feel (although "Surprise Visit" is so perverse) while SD has a more gritty sadistic edge to it.
Obviously not for everyone, but should be seen at least once. ****1/2
I really think Walter Carlos music makes this film work in quite a few scenes. Fascinating film, with very artfull direction shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
I watched this for the first time just this Monday and thought it was charming, with some pretty slick werewolf FX and a fun cast. Gary Busey really was perfect for the role of Uncle Red.
Quote:

Exorcist II:The Heretic 2/10. I'm sad this is part of Richard Burton's filmography.
I'm odd-man out with Silver Bullet. I never liked it. It always came off illogical & disjointed, with some bizarre over-acting to me. = (

Exorcist II:The Heretic ... most disappointing movie I ever saw. Although I liked the weird scene where the chic was spinning this thing that killed all the locost.

Old 10-21-2016, 11:27 PM
病気の

Maniac, 1980. 10/10

Old 10-22-2016, 08:01 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Maniac, 1980. 10/10

Joe Spinell, Caroline Munro and William Lustig will always have a place in my blackened heart, because of THIS^

Watched one of my favorite movies last night. Nosferatu, Werner Herzog's brilliant remake of the original from 1922.