Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunato View Post
Amazing film, definitely, but I've always found Apocalypse Now to be much more powerful and disturbing personally. The intensity and portrayal of complete chaos and insanity in Apocalypse just always stays with me. There are few movies that actually frighten me, but just thinking of what it must have been like in that situation, on the river in the heart of Vietnam, is really terrifying.
You know, I've only seen about 15-20 minutes of that film. Its almost a sin. I adore everything I've seen from Coppola, but for some reason I just keep putting it off.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
Evil Dead

Puddle Cruiser - this was the lesser known first released "broken lizard" film.
A few funny moments, but yeah....feels like a student project....
At least 2 out of 4 of their movies were pretty good, the next one (slammin' salmon, trailers available) looks pretty funny too.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
You know, I've only seen about 15-20 minutes of that film. Its almost a sin. I adore everything I've seen from Coppola, but for some reason I just keep putting it off.
You need to get on that! One of the all-time greatest films, period.

---------------

Revolutionary Road (2008)

5 out of 5

Terrifying. This movie is real, made of flesh and blood and bone. At times the dramatic tension can boil to a point which is almost unbearable, making us as an audience feel emotions we don't usually at the movies; guilt, anxiety, suspicion, pity, doubt- at times the movie made me feel downright filthy. Big-scale performances here seem to defy the laws of acting, and instead of viewers we become voyeurs. At times DiCaprio and Winslet had me shaking, and at times I felt physically sick. It isn't so much the way the two actors can raise their voices, or stir up tears; it's the fear behind their eyes which is so remarkable. The performances are ones of interior showmanship as well as exterior. In the end, it's a grown-up game of house, with two children who want so badly a life of perfection that they become miserable with themselves, with each other, and with a world which never held its promises.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post

---------------

5 out of 5

Terrifying. This movie is real, made of flesh and blood and bone. At times the dramatic tension can boil to a point which is almost unbearable, making us as an audience feel emotions we don't usually at the movies; guilt, anxiety, suspicion, pity, doubt- at times the movie made me feel downright filthy. Big-scale performances here seem to defy the laws of acting, and instead of viewers we become voyeurs. At times DiCaprio and Winslet had me shaking, and at times I felt physically sick. It isn't so much the way the two actors can raise their voices, or stir up tears; it's the fear behind their eyes which is so remarkable. The performances are ones of interior showmanship as well as exterior. In the end, it's a grown-up game of house, with two children who want so badly a life of perfection that they become miserable with themselves, with each other, and with a world which never held its promises.
First- Mothman: Listen to Alky! See it as soon as you can!

--------------------------------

I can't wait to see Revolutionary Road. I've only heard great things. A rec from you only makes it that much more exciting.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Dead Poets Society (1989) - 8/10.

Much better than I expected it to be. Robin Williams was suprisingly good in this.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Evil Dead

watched The Prestige again tonight. I forgot how confusing this movie got.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:

---------------

5 out of 5

I'll grab Apocalypse Now next time I see it, as for Revolutionary Road, I saw the trailer and it just looked like a relationship drama, sounds like its more than that though, i might check it out.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
The Unborn

God it was awful. It was just like any other PG-13 Horror flick out there today. Every "scare" scene was way too predictible. I just hate how they can't be creative anymore.

2/10
Old 01-10-2009, 04:21 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Boogeyman 3 (2008)

>>: D+

Credo aka The Devil's Curse (2008)

>>: C-

Quote:
--------------
5 out of 5

what he said (I can't review it better than this!):) .

Truly a ground breaking film, remarkable performances by DiCaprio & Winslet.

>>: A+
Old 01-10-2009, 05:18 AM
~Learning To Fly~

Send a message via AIM to Babygurl20 Send a message via Yahoo to Babygurl20
Just got through watching "The Happening"..........boy what a let down suck ass movie!!! Ole M. needs to make another movie like "The Sixth Sense"!!!:mad:

I'd let everything go........"

-Cara P-