Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Cranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Out of the Blue (2006)

A very compelling portrayal of a devastating spree killing Massacre that occurred just 20 years ago in a small coastal community of Aramoana, NZ.

A big thanks to NE for the rec.

>>: A-
Very glad you checked out this film! Really a nail-biter from beginning to end. The acting from what I assume are mostly amateurs is shocking in its realism. I really loved that old lady.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
Very glad you checked out this film! Really a nail-biter from beginning to end. The acting from what I assume are mostly amateurs is shocking in its realism. I really loved that old lady.
Agree. she showed an amazing character of inspiration & bravery! Glad to know that she got later awarded by the Queen for her truly remarkable efforts in those tensed moments of terror.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 AM
Bad Natured

The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008). Should a western movie shot in Asia be called an eastern??? No matter, this flick transcends such a pigeon-holing and should instead be appreciated on the merits of fantastic fun. Its plot was almost squeezed out of the picture, making room for the wonderful plethora of non-stop, over the top action. The acting was solid on all accounts, with "the Weird" storming past the others, literally and metaphorically stealing the show. Ji-woon's direction was on task in his so-called remake of Sergio Leone's classic, harnessing a story that lightly pays homage to the master whilst creating something that was stand alone originale. The director of photography must have been in heaven, with no lack of occasion to create frenzied madness by way of a rolling reel. As to that, kudos to the use of an actual camera with real action as opposed to the typical hard leaning on action by way of emotionless pixels. The result was heart-pounding purity. With a longish run time, this one will leave one's adrenal glands devoid of any surfeit of adrenalin, and pleasantly so. Merci beaucoup.

Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Undead

SAW I, II and III
Old 11-21-2010, 10:17 AM
No, fuck YOU

"The thaw" 7-8/10

Cabin Fever with a global warming message.

Liked it quite a bit.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
For Vendetta

Love this film quite a bit. Wouldn't mind a sequel.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
spirits B gone

Harry Potter Conclusion Part 1

I watched the 1st part of the conclusion of Harry Potter. It was slow and definitely leading up to the grand finale. I kept falling asleep at times.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Smile Re-Animator Trilogy

>>: B+
Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 AM
Bad Natured

Babysitter Wanted (2008). This flick seemed a rip-off from another rather successful horror flick, but a look at the timeline shows that it actually came out first. Inspiration for its more successful rival? With that caveat, this low-budget affair deserves an honest mention. Starting with a stale premise and relying on some annoying sound effects, this one commences to travel down the banal road of mediocrity. Thankfully, it sneaks off to be much more than that, a welcomed change of plans for what could have resulted in some rather lethargic eyes. The acting was solid, especially owing to its otherwise low rent essence. The gore was at times laughable, but this surprisingly did not detract from the film itself. The other technicalities of the film were up to par, their inconspicuous nature more a boon than a defamation. Neither unflinchingly gratuitous nor enslaved to pander to the Hollywood set, Babysitter Wanted towed the line perfectly, with a stutter stop start ending that was ultimately a pleasant relief. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Evil Dead

A Serbian Film: Oddly enough I really liked this film. It's not one I would watch on a frequent basis, but it was a worthwhile watch. It has a pretty interesting storyline that felt fairly fleshed out especially compared to most movies in this genre. Yes it's disturbing and insanely violent, but it felt like it's all there for a reason, not just gratuitous gore and violence like so many films that fall into this niche category. I guess I was expecting maybe something more like August Underground's Mordum from hearing various people's take on it, but I was quite surprised that it was actually a well put together film. Not for the timid at all to say the least.