Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Christian Bale freaks out.

I just heard about this today. Thought he was a nice guy, but after listening to this I think the assault charges on him might have been legitimate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRhjBq2kYj4

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Evil Dead

This is all over the net...
My opinion, not that you asked, is that a lot of people are getting on a bit of a high horse about it. I've never *personally* gone off on someone that long, but I've gotten heated with co-workers where insults were thrown back and forth which were almost as heated.

The only difference is that I am not a celebrity and people weren't recording our exchange.

It's not like he beat the guy on video...and we don't know that guys' story. Maybe he's just a colossal screwup 90% of the time and had it coming. Regardless, I see this as a "bad day", nothing more.

Doesn't affect my opinion of Bale as a person and it doesn't affect how much I enjoy his movies. I'll still watch the Terminator movie.

-D
Old 02-04-2009, 02:33 PM
She's under the stairs

Because he just ruined the perfect take?

What a wanker, if he was yelling at me like that, no matter what my job on set was I would have told him to "Go fuck yourself.. Trash the lights go for it, your scene was shit anyway, you should be glad I trashed it, you know, maybe you should lay of the caffine.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 02-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Tenant

I can't believe how many people all over are defending him. The proof's all there. It's ironic that he bitches about professionalism while being just about as unprofessional as one can get.

Christian Bale is a self-righteous, stuck-up prick. He's not a great actor (though he certainly thinks he is) and once he's been permanantly type-cast in action spin-offs the world will gradually realize this.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:59 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
I can't believe how many people all over are defending him. The proof's all there. It's ironic that he bitches about professionalism while being just about as unprofessional as one can get.

Christian Bale is a self-righteous, stuck-up prick. He's not a great actor (though he certainly thinks he is) and once he's been permanantly type-cast in action spin-offs the world will gradually realize this.
Blah...........
Old 02-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I can't believe how many people all over are defending him. The proof's all there.
Maybe you can base judgment off of a few minutes taken out of context, but I need a bit more than that. The only reason I truly defend him is because we don't know the whole story. If the guy he is screaming at (Which is the director of photography/cinemtographer...not some lowly innocent grip or something) is being a genuine fuck-up, maybe he deserved it. We can at least gather that this isn't the first time, so it's obvious he's at the end of his rope not just flying off for a first offense.

I dunno...Let's see what happens when we film/record you 80-90% of your day since you were a kid. I bet we could find an MP3 SOMEWHERE that showed you being a dick to someone.

What are you a robot? You've never gone off on someone? I definitely have, and I don't consider myself a complete and absolute prick (but that is for another disussion, I guess...hah)

-D
Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Tenant

A dick? This screams anger management. What's in question here is Bale's prfessionalism, and he doesn't have it. What else do you need to determine that? In any job- on the set of a movie, in an office, anywhere, THIS is the way NOT to act. It's just pathetic and disrespectful.

There is a way to handle these things- hell, I wouldn't even be so judgemental if he was brief in his flip-out. But the fact is he verbally assaulted this man for nearly five minutes.

So he's an actor- I couldn't give a fuck less. This is just rediculous.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
whatever gets you through

bah - everyone freaks out every once in awhile. i recently told a co-worker - in one of those ridiculous fits of anger - that i was going to rip his spine out and beat him with it. now we all laughed about it aftewards but at the moment, if someone was recording it, i would have sounded like a dangerous psychopath. so i'm not defending bale but just saying you record eveyrthing someone says and you can make them look like a major a--hole
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Tenant

If a normal person in a normal job did what Mr. Bale did right there, they'd be fired instantly.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Evil Dead

Sorry, but that isn't true in all lines of work.
I'm not saying what he did was right, mind you, just saying that not all jobs are are the same.

I've already used myself as an example, and my job is fairly "normal".

Last edited by UngodlyWarlock; 02-04-2009 at 04:43 PM.