Old 10-14-2017, 01:41 PM
Wanna Join?

Started this 1940s thriller:

ATasteForHoney.jpeg

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE
Old 10-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfear View Post
Started this 1940s thriller:

Attachment 19142
What tome are you reading Halloween night.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:19 PM
Wanna Join?

Probably A Taste For Honey unless I finish it first. If I do I may try William Peter Blattey's Legion to top off the month as it's been on my radar for a long time. Or better yet, maybe I'll just devote the day to reading Poe. That actually sounds better. As for the Heard novel, it is horror, or supposed to be, with minor (for now) sf leanings. Wasn't sure I'd be interested in a book about bees but so far this is very good. These bees are really creepy.

"Within the framework of most horror tales we find a moral code so strong it would make a Puritan smile." Stephen King, DANSE MACABRE

Last edited by sfear; 10-15-2017 at 08:26 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:19 AM
Little Boo

Smile This is very interesting book of horror!

"The well", by Joe Faster, it is a very interesting horror story!

https://www.facebook.com/Joe-Faster-1991933494392565/
Old 10-19-2017, 12:58 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Working through In A Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware. Pretty standard mystery stuff, but well crafted. Popcorn reading, but not in a bad way.

Also starting into Stephen King's Danse Macabre for the first time, really looking forward to it.

Last edited by The_Return; 10-19-2017 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:44 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Also starting into Stephen King's Danse Macabre for the first time, really looking forward to it.
I read Danse Macabre a few years ago and really liked. Stunningly well written I thought.

Old 10-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Evil Dead

THE MALTESE FALCON-Dashiell Hammett. The 1941 version, which I think is one of THE best films ever made took a lot from here. Sadly, some dialogue didn't make it into the film.Would loved to have heard Bogart exclaim "Jesus Christ!" or "Jesus, You're a Pip!"
Old 10-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Wanna Join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
THE MALTESE FALCON-Dashiell Hammett. The 1941 version, which I think is one of THE best films ever made took a lot from here. Sadly, some dialogue didn't make it into the film.Would loved to have heard Bogart exclaim "Jesus Christ!" or "Jesus, You're a Pip!"
Read this a few months back. Stories from early in his career. The last three or four were super good.

Image (168).jpg

Old 10-27-2017, 06:50 AM
Evil Dead

KILLING ENGLAND-Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. Another winner in the KILLING series. This tells about the American Revolution of the late 1700's and the Movers and Shakers of the time.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:58 AM
Horror Fan

We Have Always Lived in the Castle. By Shirley Jackson.