Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-11-2004, 05:05 AM
Banned

I thought Quake 1 and 2 were kind of fun for the graphics ..
but I would just go into god mode and run around looking at things .. i get bored playing them.

I dont have time to sit in front of a PC and play games .. too much to do ..
Old 11-11-2004, 05:28 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
Same here. Before i had a woman, i would spend entire saturdays, from 9 in the morning until 3 the following morning eating fast food, drinking beer, smoking cigarrettes and playing cs.

lol yeah.

another one I'd play for hours was Hexen.... now If only that game would get an update and re-release. That'd be potential for an awesome game :)

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 11-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Banned

RULED my life?

Hmmm...the main offender would probably be Dungeon Siege...I could just spend hours on that, have a few minutes break, followed of course by more hours...I eagerly await the sequel, which looks incredible so far.
(Arioch, if you liked diablo, you might wanna have a look at DS.)

I've also put a lot of time into:

*Shining Force (Sega 16-bit), this game showed me that not all strategy games sucked, through means of an interesting battle system, likeable characters and a simple, yet enthralling storyline.

*Half-Life (Til' I finished it)...I wasn't initially impressed...but about 20-30 minutes in, the bitch owned me.

*Donkey Kong on gameboy (AWESOME game), took me only three days of intermittent playing to get through it, but this motherfucker sure sucked you in.

*Record of Lodoss war (dreamcast R.I.P)
The free roaming, and use of hack/slash and magic approach to an rpg just worked so well. Wonderful looking game..."interesting" plot and back-story.., good skills advancement and weapon upgrade system that was easy to use and understand, and some of the biggest, meanest bosses I've ever encountered. After playing this, I've been wanting to see the manga upon which it was based since.
I EASILY spent hours on this game at a time, yet it always seemed like minutes. Another one that lingered in my mind after I'd stopped playing.

*Ghouls and Ghosts (Sega 16-bit) "ruled" only in that ever time I played it, something infuriated me just enough to make myself go on...as though just to spite the game itself, treating it like a malevolent enemy that had laughed at my many failed attempts...notoriously difficult...but the best fun to have friends take turns.

*Tetris...let me explain that...apart from playing on and on, just trying to beat it, which I eventually did, at least on the gameboy version, I also found that I liked to mentally "practice" the game during this time, it was like I had tetris scenarios running through my head...it was a little disturbing.

*Crash Team Racing (PS1) The single player mission was pretty decent, and drew me in somewhat, also having those levels that infuriated me enough to force myself to beat them...but the most time spent of all on this game would be the battle levels, my girl and I got so good at doing this, that we could literally spend over an hour before a victor emerged...and then it'd be time for the rematch...SO fun...my favourite "cart" game ever.

*Max Payne 1, the sequel never came close to how the first one kept me glued. The storyline, the twists, the action sequences, the ingame narrative - all excellent.

*Bomberman World (arcade) - Most coins spent on a videogame, ever. Fun, simple game - so addictive.

*Flashback: The quest for identity.
Words cannot do this game enough justice...it was just a work of art. Not many 16-bit games had me as obsessed as this one did...
Although it had what must have been one of the most dissapointing sequels EVER, Flashback remains one of my top 5 games on any format.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Banned

ps: Shouldn't this be in the "GAMES" area?
Funny that a mod has posted here, oblivious to this...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Banned

Halo 2 beckons me now.

newb is signed off.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:09 AM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
Hmmm...the main offender would probably be Dungeon Siege...I could just spend hours on that, have a few minutes break, followed of course by more hours...I eagerly await the sequel, which looks incredible so far.
(Arioch, if you liked diablo, you might wanna have a look at DS.)
Ya i did play dungeon seige it was pretty fun....especially on mulitplayer....i got to the end pretty much were you have to wait FOREVER to get new equipment and the next town is like 500 miles away...then i kinda dropped it.....it was real fun up till then tho.....id play the sequel....

And good point about the moving of this thread.....
Old 11-12-2004, 02:05 AM
Banned

There was an expansion pack to DS set in another time...I never saw it myself, but I plan on picking it up at SOME point...

Anyone actually PLAY any of the other games I mentioned???
Old 11-12-2004, 03:54 AM
Fear scented candle

Half life, Ghouls and Ghosts, tetris and Max payne, i have played.

I also was addicted to these for quite some time.

I could get you some mod links for hl.... wait.. Deja vu....:D
Old 11-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Banned

I've played through about 20 HL SP mods now man...
The best being They Hunger, and the spaceship one by the same guy.
I loved "CASE CLOSED" 'til I got killed in the end, and the other ones based on HL (without different graphics) were all quite good too, like "azure sheep".

The rest either had bug issues, froze, shut off as soon as played, didn't work, had pathetic repetetive or unplayable maps, and/or overall very poor design.

There's still plenty out there, but I'm over it for now...I wonder if anyone or any site out there has a collection of all the simgleplayer halflife mods....I'd probably do that....
Old 11-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Holy Light of Judgement

Send a message via AIM to Malicious_Mirth
ok after much more playing and diliberating all i can say is HALO 2.............

that game fukin owns..........we have x box live so we are all about the multiplayer aspect..............tis great fun......

anyway i apologize again for being away and i will try to fit you guys into my busy schedule......HAHAHAHAHAH i kid......i will be on more i pwomise......

and newb and shanks I AM NOT FORSAKING MY FAMILY!! well i guess i have been

ACK!

apologies guys i will be around more ..........!!!

AREA: infinite.
The Hitchickers guide to the galaxy provides this definition of the word infinite.
Bigger than the biggest thing ever and then some. Much bigger than that in fact, really amazingly immense, a totally stunning size, real "wow thats big," time. Infinity is just so big that, by comparison, bigness itself looks really quite titchy. Gigantic multiplied by colossal multiplied by staggeringly huge is the sort of concept were trying to get across here.

IMPORTS: none
It is impossible to import things into an infinite area, there being no outside to import things in from.

EXPORTS: none
(see imports)