Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Horror Fiction Posts
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Scares Little Kids

The Room

I hope you guys enjoy this short story!

Twenty-two year old Yvonne Ortiz finds herself in a grimy room with a wooden table at the center. There are no doors or windows. The room is illuminated by the swaying, flickering light bulb connected to an extension cord. Is this a prison? How did she get here?

She cautiously sits down on the wooden chair and folds her arms. She has no memory of how she ended up in this room. The light bulb continues to flicker.

Yvonne notices a red balloon floating in mid air. It gradually gets inflated. It’s at the breaking point…..POP. Silence again. What was that all about?

The light bulb flickers. Now, there’s a naked woman standing on the table. She’s covered from head to toe with white powder and her body has been wrapped with barbed wire.

Yvonne stares in both confusion and awe. It’s like a bizarre work of art. Suddenly, the barbed wire starts tightening up until it punctures her skin. The woman moans with pleasure as her blood trickles down her legs. The bulb flickers…the woman is no longer there.

Yvonne starts getting scared. She shouts, “Hello?”

The light bulb flickers. Now, there’s a huge, pulsating maggot on the table. It’s heartbeat echoes throughout the room. As the front part arches upward, slime drops off from it’s body…almost like saliva. Tentacles exit the maggot’s body and begin whipping Yvonne’s face. The light bulb flickers. It’s gone.

A door appears on the table. Yvonne curiously gazes at the door knob. She rises to her feet and hesitates for a moment. A way out? Better hurry before the light flickers again.

Yvonne jumps onto the table and kneels to turn the knob. She hears it click and she pulls the door open. There is nothing but darkness beyond the door. Hundreds of tentacles reach out and wrap themselves around her body. She gets pulled inside.

Several minutes pass. A stream of blood pours out from the door. The light bulb get covered with it. Then, the door slams shut. The light flickers and the door is no longer there. The light bulb flickers rapidly until it turns off. Darkness.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:53 AM
No Tears Please...

I love that! It sounds like it would make a great short. You should find a way to record it!
Old 03-17-2015, 07:58 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
I love that! It sounds like it would make a great short. You should find a way to record it!
Thank you! I'm a rookie writer and I'm looking for some feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I'll be posting more in the future.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:22 AM
No Tears Please...

Im a rookie myself. Have you heard of Absolute Write Water Cooler? Excellent place for feedback and just general tips. I use it for critiques, but you have to join and do some critiques and get to 50 posts before they let you post your work.

Ive done a few short stories and I wrote a 72k word book recently. Im trying to get things moving with it all.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:49 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Im a rookie myself. Have you heard of Absolute Write Water Cooler? Excellent place for feedback and just general tips. I use it for critiques, but you have to join and do some critiques and get to 50 posts before they let you post your work.

Ive done a few short stories and I wrote a 72k word book recently. Im trying to get things moving with it all.
I never realized how hard it is to just get some feedback! I've tried social media and deviantArt. It's been three weeks and nothing. I posted here today and you replied! A fellow writer. That's awesome! I hope things work out for you, too!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:00 AM
No Tears Please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Absynthe View Post
I never realized how hard it is to just get some feedback! I've tried social media and deviantArt. It's been three weeks and nothing. I posted here today and you replied! A fellow writer. That's awesome! I hope things work out for you, too!
It is difficult to get people to respond. I think people are scared to hurt others feelings. Absolute Write and Silverpen.org seem to be the best places to get real criticism, but you have to be open to it. Some times it hurts.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:07 AM
No, fuck YOU

I can't read that much text. I fall asleep. Sorry.

Best regards

The ex-bookshop owner.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
It is difficult to get people to respond. I think people are scared to hurt others feelings. Absolute Write and Silverpen.org seem to be the best places to get real criticism, but you have to be open to it. Some times it hurts.
Hmmm. I'm interested but at the same time, I don't want to get hurt. Lol. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 09:20 AM
No Tears Please...

Happy to help. Just remember, take it all in stride and keep in mind, most of them actually know better lol. Don't get discouraged. What you wrote here is pretty dang good and has a ton of potential. It takes criticism to hone our art.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:04 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I can't read that much text. I fall asleep. Sorry.

Best regards

The ex-bookshop owner.
LMAO!!! It's fine...haha!