Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-21-2013, 05:06 AM
For Vendetta

Gil Kenan has officially begun casting his vision of Poltergeist. He will begin shooting the movie as soon as September in Toronto, Canada.

Details -

Quote:
The new version follows Eric Bowen and his family who, after he loses his job, relocate to a new town to start anew. His daughter, Madison, is abducted, making him truly understand what’s important in life: family. In the new version, Eric’s wife, Amy, can communicate with the dead.

Another interesting new character is Carrigan Burke, a television personality who hosts “Haunted House Cleaners.”” The supernatural doesn’t scare this guy. Dr. Brooke Powell is Carrigan’s ex-wife who is a parapsychologist at a local university. Her team investigates the supernatural events surrounding the disappearance of the Bowen girl.
David Lindsay-Abaire is listed as the main screenwriter although Juliet Snowden and Stiles White has previously worked on it.

Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Roy Lee produce.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...first-details/
Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 AM
Evil Dead

This is actually a remake I am pretty excited about, and I consider the original as one of my all time favourite movies.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Evil Dead

I'd be skeptical if Sam Raimi weren't producing, but with him involved I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Banned

Word has it this is neither a remake nor a reimagining, but a SEQUEL. It is rumored to give direct reference to the Freelings in order to set up the investigation of a similar supernatural abduction.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:51 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Heathen View Post
Word has it this is neither a remake nor a reimagining, but a SEQUEL. It is rumored to give direct reference to the Freelings in order to set up the investigation of a similar supernatural abduction.
That's an interesting idea... although I'd like to see them re-do the evil tree scene. I know that's a weird thing to focus on, but I happen to be creeped out very badly by that scene in the original, despite the fact that the tree looks as fake as it does, and I was hoping to see it redone and be even more scared
Old 10-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Scares Little Kids

I did like this one when I was maybe early teens, but now with remake. I don't think this will my kind of watch. Like I said in other posts, and in this one PG-13 horror I will not watch any more. They aren't scary, and will never be, because they are just light versions of the real horror movies.

Directors are just trying to make extra money, but in reality they are already rich with as many movies that are released all the time. They don't need to worry if they need teenagers for horror. All the good rated R and Unrated horror is dwindling away.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:54 AM
Banned

The trailer is underwhelming. I'm still interested, though.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:10 AM
Evil Dead

Looks worth a watch.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:12 AM
I am the turtle lord

NAH! I'm going to stick with the old version.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:22 AM
No Tears Please...

Dude, climb down from that high horse. Its Sam freaking Raimi. I will see it just for that, aside from the trailer being pretty legit. I support Sam Raimi no matter what he is doing because he is a genius.