Old 07-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWickerFan View Post
I know what you mean. The search function isn't always successful particularly on vaguely defined subjects. Insidious was just fresh in my memory, so the threads might be helpful (I honestly can't remember what was written in them or how long they were).

@Villain - It's cool.:) I do tend to have schticks. You missed the Top list phase.:o
Yeah i've missed a lot lol :)
Old 07-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Stephen King is an excellent writer and an inspiration to me. I have no idea how you can say the second part of his stuff is slow and silly. Maybe you're talking about his movie adaptions and if you are then that has nothing to do with him as they differ from his books a lot for the most part. But hey everyone's entitled to their own opinion. That just happens to be mine.

Perkins 14 sucked....which i guess is the point you were trying to convey.
I can't talk much about Stephen King as a writer. Besides the fact most of his main characters seem to be writers :rolleyes: Because everyone in the world has the same profession. I'm referring to King's movies only. Like shIT, I mean a giant fucking spider ? Stephen King is a bit of a whore putting his name on that countless crap released. But what do I know ? I'm a Clive Barker fan...

I don't think Insidious sucked. I don't think Perkins 14 sucked either. It just wasn't for me. Many think my taste in film isn't "Normal"
Old 07-18-2011, 08:31 PM
The Eater of Worlds <3

I'm actually disappointed In my self for never noticing that most of the main characters are writers.... Super SMH
Old 07-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deposable View Post
I can't talk much about Stephen King as a writer. Besides the fact most of his main characters seem to be writers :rolleyes: Because everyone in the world has the same profession. I'm referring to King's movies only. Like shIT, I mean a giant fucking spider ? Stephen King is a bit of a whore putting his name on that countless crap released. But what do I know ? I'm a Clive Barker fan...

I don't think Insidious sucked. I don't think Perkins 14 sucked either. It just wasn't for me. Many think my taste in film isn't "Normal"
Whats wrong with most of his characters being writers? They say to write what you know and what does he know better then being a writer? I've read lots of other novel's by different authors who have done the same thing. Also in regards to IT, in the novel the closest description they can give of the form IT takes at the end is a giant spider, that doesn't mean that's actually what it was. Also i dont really see whats wrong with that anyway. IT took on people's fears and the majority of the world is afraid of spiders and there have been tons of horror/sci-fi movies about giant spiders.

Stephen King had nothing to do with the movie/miniseries so how can you blame him for his name being attached? If those responsible felt like attaching his name how is that his fault? Also Stanley Kubrick and Quentin Tarantino and many other directors do that same thing and even Clive Barker's name is attached to Hellraiser and he actually was involved in the film.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Is Having a Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
IT took on people's fears and the majority of the world is afraid of spiders and there have been tons of horror/sci-fi movies about giant spiders.

Stephen King had nothing to do with the movie/miniseries so how can you blame him for his name being attached? If those responsible felt like attaching his name how is that his fault? Also Stanley Kubrick and Quentin Tarantino and many other directors do that same thing and even Clive Barker's name is attached to Hellraiser and he actually was involved in the film.
Valid point, I was so disappointed when I realized I wasted three hours for a cheesy giant spider being defeated by an inhaler, I just forgot about the whole plot.

My girlfriend read the book. She said the young female character fucks all the boys before facing "It". Is that true ? And why keep out that amazing scene. hahaha.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:40 PM
The Eater of Worlds <3

Yes this is true
I also think there are some gay scenes between characters as well
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deposable View Post
Valid point, I was so disappointed when I realized I wasted three hours for a cheesy giant spider being defeated by an inhaler, I just forgot about the whole plot.

My girlfriend read the book. She said the young female character fucks all the boys before facing "It". Is that true ? And why keep out that amazing scene. hahaha.
Actually it was after they fought it. They lost the connection they had with each other and couldnt find their way out of the sewers so they did that to reconnect. The book explains it better. Also i havent seen the movie in a long time but in the book, they dont defeat It just by using the inhaler. They actually enter into its world and psychically battle it in a interplanetary dimension or something like it. Its hard to explain.

Also there are no gay scenes. They all just take turns having sex with the girl which she actually forgets about and doesnt even remember until she has sex with Bill again when they're older.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Is Having a Baby!

I am stoned. But you just mind freaked me
Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Evil is Better

Hahaha.

It really is some crazy stuff. Thats actually my favorite book.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Evil is Better

Oh man i forgot to mention the giant turtle that serves as a spiritual guide while in the other dimension.