Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
butterfly effect

just went out and peeped it. i fucking loved this film. it was really dark at moments and i really enjoyed how it was shot. any one else see it?
Old 01-23-2004, 09:34 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
So it's pretty good eh? I guess Ethan Suplee with a "Killer Klowns" hairstyle warrants a viewing. Let you know what I think when I see it.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:16 AM

I haven't seen it yet, but whenever I see previews I can only think of That 70's Show....
Old 01-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Evil Dead

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

I'm really looking forward to this one. Going to check it out in a couple hours, in fact. I'll post my thoughts on it later tonight . . . .

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html
Old 01-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to donniedarko3
although the ideas and subject matter for this movie arent completely original, it was a very refreshing breath of life into the recent blunders of psychological thrillers ive seen of late. This movie got horrible reviews, but only because the critics werent competent enough to pay attention to the movie.

some scenes are hard to watch, but I appreciate it because its completely real. the contrast in light and dark areas in this film are great for viewing and transitions are great. the first few actually made me jump like hell even though they werent designed to do that.

Most importantly, this is a rare movie involving time travel that actually ties all loose ends! I guarantee that if you pay enough attention to this movie you wont leave the theater with one question unanswered.

My advice, fuck the critics and fuck LOTR part 3 or 4 or whatever is in now. See this movie ASAP, because it will probably be one of the best of 2004.
Old 01-26-2004, 11:27 AM

I have not seen it yet but I know it's going to be great!!! glad to here someone liked it.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:22 PM
Evil Dead

I really enjoyed this movie, it was something I hadn't really saw before and Ashton Kutcher suprising had some pretty good acting.

~~ Semi spoilers below, they don't give away much of the story but actually I wouldn't read them if you haven't saw it already.
It was actually quite surprising at how dark some moments actually were and sometimes "politically incorrect" to show in a movie. Like for instance the baby and mother being killed or the dog being burned alive.......it really gave the film a realistic edge.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:47 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally posted by donniedarko3
although the ideas and subject matter for this movie arent completely original, it was a very refreshing breath of life into the recent blunders of psychological thrillers ive seen of late. This movie got horrible reviews, but only because the critics werent competent enough to pay attention to the movie.

some scenes are hard to watch, but I appreciate it because its completely real. the contrast in light and dark areas in this film are great for viewing and transitions are great. the first few actually made me jump like hell even though they werent designed to do that.

Most importantly, this is a rare movie involving time travel that actually ties all loose ends! I guarantee that if you pay enough attention to this movie you wont leave the theater with one question unanswered.

My advice, fuck the critics and fuck LOTR part 3 or 4 or whatever is in now. See this movie ASAP, because it will probably be one of the best of 2004.
I'm sorry, but I'm not even going to waste my time with this movie. No matter how good you may say it is, the fact still stands that Ashton Coochie is the leading actor. That alone brings the film down to nil.

As for the critics not being competent enough to understand the movie, that's a laugh. However, I could say the same exact thing about some of the people that post here - so it's not completely unbelievable. The point: pay attention to what I say in my posts before you start bitching at me.

And I could be wrong, but last time I checked, women and dogs running around on fire, and time travel, aren't realistic. Horror movies aren't supposed to be "realistic," so please try to use that word properly.

And LOTR was a fantastic movie. Why else did it win so many awards? Because it was a stupid piece of shit? I highly doubt it. Let's wait and see how long Butterfly Effect is out in theatres - probably not very long.

Ashton tried a feeble attempt to make a 180 from his normal, spaztic characters, to a deep psycological scene. Give me a break.

AGAIN I REPEAT. This is my opinion. So don't start bitching at me about MY opinion.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:54 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to nightbreed
yeah i just think its kinda lame that you refuse to see a movie b/c you dont like the leading actor. i cant get away from the fact that you talking so much shit about movie you refuse to see. thats just a shallow way to walk through life.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Evil Dead

If you saw the movie maybe you would understand me better, it's not your average teen movie that thrives on popular actors with good looks. It's very dark in nature ( I think "dark" is going to be used a lot when talking about this movie :) for lack of a better word) and contains things that the average teen movie never would. This makes the story seem a lot more believable unlike other movies that go way off on a limb to make sure the movie doesn't upset there audience too much. I'm not saying time travel is something realistic but I like the way it was done in the movie, original if you ask me but that's just my opinion.