Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 12-27-2003, 02:30 AM
warprophet

dont know cheeba, iv only seen 1-4 didnt even know there was a 5 and nr. 6 isnt released here in the north yet, the fourth one i dont remember at all... other then the fact that it had a cenobite dog in it. what i wouldnt do to have one of those.
Old 12-27-2003, 03:03 AM
That fucking Guy...

I've seen 3 of 'em all up....er....maybe 4....
part 1, was cool man, this is what SHOULD be called horror.
I saw one with that spotty chick from startrek: ds9 in the lead, I think it was the 2nd film, not quiet as good as the first, but pretty cool all the same.
I saw one that for some reason somebody thought pinhead was the spirit of their dead father or something along those lines....that was "ok", kind slow and confusing though (im not sure this was actually a seperate film from the two I described above, it mighta just been part outta one of those)
Then I saw the one based on the different generations of the "toymaker" guys family....where that explained alot, and the "origins" of some of the characters, I personally thought it was pretty boring, but the evil bitch WAS pretty hot, as I recall...
So, if I've seen 4 of 'em, which 2 haven't I seen, and what r they about?
I also heard that there's gonna be 2 new hellraiser films coming out at about the same time soon....any info on any of the above would be cool...
Old 12-27-2003, 03:11 AM
warprophet

two new hellraiser films? keep me posted... the cenobites (specialy pinhead) must be the greatest work of clive barker (if not horror in general) to this date.
Old 12-27-2003, 03:30 AM
RUN RABBIT...RUN!!!

I have sene the first 5 movies
haven't seen hellseeker yet
I like them all, Inferno has something cool about it, pinhead doesn't show up till the end, but it's so so cool
if you watched the first movies you'll understand it better though
about when you get killed what happens to you and stuff

I know they are planning of making a 7th and 8th movie

click here for details
the act of slow piercing is a transcendent spiritual event. there is no pain just sensation you observe the body, experiencing the sensation, surrender to the experience feel the indorful lush as the surgical steel slices through
Old 12-27-2003, 07:02 AM
warprophet

thanks for the link mud
Old 12-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
I'm not expecting much out of these two new installments. I liked Inferno, but it was not a Hellraiser flick. It was a Jacob's Ladder flick. And Hellseeker was the same storyline as Inferno but done without its style. I'd like to see this franchise retired.

Nothing they can think of will EVER top the first two films.
Old 12-27-2003, 07:36 AM
warprophet

does anyone have any idea where i can get a hold of hellraiser 4 and up on region 2 dvd? otherwise known as pal? iv been looking all over for it with no luck at all
Old 12-27-2003, 01:20 PM
Scares Little Kids

Hello All, I must say that I am a avid Hellraiser fan and this is what I think....

Hellraiser was excellent... I think it was one of the best horror movies of the time because it gave a new dimention to horror films.

Hellraiser 2 could have been better.... I don't think the story was as deep as it should have been and it left a pretty bad taste in fans mouth.

Part III Hell on Earth I found to be Awesome... Pinhead comes into his own and you find out the History of how Pinhead come to be. I thought the new Cenobites were a great touch because it made the entire story more modern.

Part IV Bloodline I thought was also very good... The orgion of the box and how it haunted the family's Bloodline was a great stroryline. I was not too happy with the ending because it did end in the future and it almost seems as if Pinhead is offically dead. I still thought the overall movie was good though.

Part V if I am correct was Inferno and I really didn't care for it.... I thought that the movie was very slow and pretty choppy... Having Pinhead in the end was the only saving grace to the movie and it seemed as if Pinhead was a much more calm and friendlier Cenobite and I found that to be very uncharaterist of him. If you are a fan you have to watch it but you could skip it and be ok...

Part VI was Hellseeker and I was impressed with this movie becasue they bring back Ashley Lawerence. Her change from the little winey girl in part I and II to a mature woman that has to deal with problems was a credit to the story line... Once Pinhead is introduced again to Ashley's charater was very interesting and they make a few references to the first two movies that made it a little more interesting. And finally the ending was a little shocking in Hellseeker so I would call it a successful movie...

Overall, I would check them out.
Old 12-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
Magneto, I agree with you on the first film. You lost me on the rest of them though. Hehe. You're entitled to you opinion of course, but Ashley Laurence had little more than a cameo in Hellseeker. That's another reason I thought it sucked. They played it up as the return of Kirsty Cotton. She's barely in it!!! Hated it.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:34 PM
does anybody read this?

well not a big hellraiser fan but bloodline is better than inferno. i bet the next 2 (the first ine comin out in february i believe) will suck. i think the first is about a suicide cult or something