Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrayne View Post
You're right...Dustin told me after I posted this...I watch SOOO many movies every week, from so many different time periods, and zombie movies are my favorites...After about a month or so, they all start to run together for me

Old 11-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
HaHaHa...If it's Alzheimers, I've had it since I was a teenager :p

I really think that I cram too much information in all at once, in short time periods, and it all starts to get garbled

Posted here in 2003:
Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger00soul View Post
I watched one of these not too long ago, it was about a talk show or something. I can't really remember it too well but I wasn't too impressed with it.
Quote:
The episode you are referring to is the one in which Morton Downey Jr. gets killed...Unfortunately, You're right, It wasn't one of the best...However, Don't let that turn you away if you get a chance to see others...If you don't watch them, You will miss out (keep in mind-THEY WERE MADE FOR TELEVISION!)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by avenger00soul View Post
I remember Morton Downey being on a Tales From the Crypt episode and dying but not on Freddy's Nightmares. You sure you're not confusing them? The Freddy's Nightmares episode I saw involved a talk show and one of the panelists on the show was a rocker named "Monkey Puke" I believe. Dreams that Kill was the title of the show.
Quote:
Avenger...You are correct...The episode I was referring to with Downey as a talk show host WAS from Tales From The Crypt ...oops... The episode you were referring to was Dreams That Kill from Freddy's Nightmares...I confused the talkshow host (named Charlie Michaels, played by Dick Gautier) with Downey...One of the guests, from 'Mothers Against Musical Atrocities', hit the host in the head with her purse and knocked him out...Freddy entered through the unconscious guy's head and took over the show as the host, himself...I hope that helps to restore my reputation...I guess I had just picked the wrong 'crouton' from the Horror Salad that is my brain...

Looks like I'm still doing it :D

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 11-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
HaHaHa...If it's Alzheimers, I've had it since I was a teenager :p
i frigging laughed when i saw that picture - had to use it :D
Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Hehehehehe

Send a message via AIM to CryptKeeper13
Quote:
You're right...Dustin told me after I posted this...I watch SOOO many movies every week, from so many different time periods, and zombie movies are my favorites...After about a month or so, they all start to run together for me (unless a movie is particularly unique or spectacular), and I sometimes have a difficult time telling which was which...The scenes I described weren't in any part of the original Day Of The Dead, so I just didn't put that together in my head

Thanks for helping:)

@Big Man: Sorry I couldn't do anything for ya
Zombie movies are my favorites as well and I have the same problem...
Old 11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via MSN to Skunner
I've got one that's been on my mind for awhile.

It's about a family in a house and there's a camera or robot in it watching them. And the thing is posessed and locks the house down or something among those lines. It's an older movie.

The Simpson's parodied it I'm sure.

If that doesn't help, I'll try to think of more details or try to find the episode from the Simpsons.

*EDIT* I found it.

It was called "Demon Seed." The camera bit might have thrown you off because they used HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey as the camera in the Simpson's episode.

Last edited by Skunner; 11-20-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Misanthrope

I've had a copy of Demon Seed for ages but haven't got round to watching it. Same deal with Inseminoid. I'll have to have a night watching Robot/Alien rapist flicks :D
Old 11-24-2008, 02:15 AM
jwoodcroft

Alright, I just made an account here to ask this question, so hopefully I've come to the right place.

When my sister and I were 9/7 years old respectively we saw a film on TV that terrified us that neither of us have been able to track down in our adult years, but I would love to locate, if nothing else for nostalgic value. My memories of the film are so vague, but I'll try and explain what I remember best I can.

It's a horror movie very much in a similar vein to the Poltergeist movies, with a family being terrorized by ghosts in their home. I'm pretty sure this particular film revolved around shadows, at least most of my memories of it involve shadows. The scene I can remember most clearly involves the oldest daughter in the family lying in bed as the shadows of two large hands slowly come together, casting the entire room into shadow. I seem to remember the film ending with this same girl dying of some mysterious "cancer" related causes. I also seem to remember something about the father hallucinating in the garage, and something about a snake, but that's about as detailed as i can get.

If anyone could point me in the right direction given such little to go on I would be eternally grateful.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:23 AM
No tears please

Send a message via MSN to thebigman Send a message via Skype™ to thebigman
hey

sounds very much like poltergeist but u mentiond poltergeist so im assuming its defo not that i will look into it for you

thebigman
Old 11-24-2008, 03:57 AM
No tears please

Send a message via MSN to thebigman Send a message via Skype™ to thebigman
?

you cud try looking up the following--

Burnt Offerings (1976) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MTGkeYp-2gQ

The Haunting (1963) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xq74oz6mf3w

The Evil (1978) no you tube , sorry :(

u got a estimate on the year? i know u said when u were a kid but dunno what age u r lol
Old 11-24-2008, 06:14 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodcroft View Post

It's a horror movie very much in a similar vein to the Poltergeist movies, with a family being terrorized by ghosts in their home. I'm pretty sure this particular film revolved around shadows, at least most of my memories of it involve shadows. The scene I can remember most clearly involves the oldest daughter in the family lying in bed as the shadows of two large hands slowly come together, casting the entire room into shadow. I seem to remember the film ending with this same girl dying of some mysterious "cancer" related causes. I also seem to remember something about the father hallucinating in the garage, and something about a snake, but that's about as detailed as i can get.

If anyone could point me in the right direction given such little to go on I would be eternally grateful.

check Paperhouse

i havent seen it in years so not all of your description was familiar... just a couple of things

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods