Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Resident Bass Player

I think the Evil Dead trilogy easily gets 1st place with Nightmare on Elm Street & Saw a close 2nd. I liked the 1st Elm Street much better than the rest, and liked all the Saws; especially the first 5.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:20 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarmist View Post
I think the Evil Dead trilogy easily gets 1st place with Nightmare on Elm Street & Saw a close 2nd. I liked the 1st Elm Street much better than the rest, and liked all the Saws; especially the first 5.
This is gonna be... controversial.

The only Evil Dead movies I whole-heartedly liked were the original and the remake. I have mixed feelings about the second one, and I didn't like the third one at all.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Resident Bass Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post

The only Evil Dead movies I whole-heartedly liked were the original and the remake. I have mixed feelings about the second one, and I didn't like the third one at all.
How could you not like Evil Dead 2 ... that was the best one I thought having just the right amount of humor to gore ratio, and the Army was a fun adventure with some good special effects.

I didn't really care for the remake because there was no Bruce Campbell or comedy ... it's just not the same without Bruce.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:

I generally agree. In my opinion, the remake was a solid go, I liked the return to a more serious tone. I did like Army of Darkness though and, of course, the original was a masterpiece. I do agree about the second one. Was never really a fan.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
How could you not like Evil Dead 2 ... that was the best one I thought having just the right amount of humor to gore ratio, and the Army was a fun adventure with some good special effects.

I didn't really care for the remake because there was no Bruce Campbell or comedy ... it's just not the same without Bruce.
I generally don't like horror-comedies, with a few exceptions of course. The original was much more of a straight-up horror film.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:54 PM
Splatter Punkette

Send a message via AIM to Siemelle Send a message via MSN to Siemelle Send a message via Skype™ to Siemelle
The problem with me deciding which is my favorite franchise is that each of them have so many hits and misses in them that I go back and forth. Something like Friday the 13th doesn't have the best quality movies, but they tend to be fun to watch as a whole for a variety of reasons! Halloween, to me, has the better quality movies that sort of struggles nevertheless with plot and the gigantic holes in said plot I don't understand. Nightmare on Elm Street suffers, and I only speak for myself, because I kind of prefer my Freddy dark and terrifying and, clearly, Freddy became a wise-cracking icon for the 1980s which I can appreciate for what it was, but I still prefer dark and scary. lol Then there are so many others - Psycho, Hellraiser, Scream, and even lesser thought of films that sometimes don't come up in such a discussion like Night of the Demons, Jaws, Child's Play, etc. I think it would be a toss up between the Halloween and NoES series. No clear winner for me.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Scares Little Kids

Evil Dead trilogy hands down, followed by Halloween.

I like others but it's usually just the first few that are really great, F13 being a huge example, though all of them are at least entertaining.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Hellraiser

Halloween is my favorite even though 3 doesn't star Michael myers I still really like it but my favorites in the series are 1,2,4,5 and H20
Old 09-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah23256 View Post
Halloween is my favorite even though 3 doesn't star Michael myers I still really like it but my favorites in the series are 1,2,4,5 and H20
H20 and 4 are my favorite sequels.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:53 PM
ventricle

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I generally agree. In my opinion, the remake was a solid go, I liked the return to a more serious tone. I did like Army of Darkness though and, of course, the original was a masterpiece. I do agree about the second one. Was never really a fan.
Let me ask all three of you this question...

Which Evil Dead film did you see first? Evil Dead (81) or Evil Dead II, or not 100% sure?

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-28-2014 at 05:55 PM.