Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Hellraiser

Thumbs up VANJADARDIC - I May Hell Have the Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjadardic View Post
Hi, I know this is my first post, and that I won't post anything other than thank you for the answer, but I have a question about a movie. It's a horror movie I watched about 15-18 years ago. It's about a group of people in a house or a small building that is haunted. I remember that when they entered the house all doors and windows shut and the bars on the windows locked, so they were trapped. There was one ghost in the house, and I think some sort of a cross, that when someone had it the ghost couldn't hurt him. And at the end of the movie they lured the ghost in basement and locked it there, and the lock was actually that cross.

That's the best description I can remember. Anyone knows this movie?
Quote:
Still no answer :(
99.97% sure

. THE
E V IL

............................... (1978)
Old 01-17-2011, 02:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistinas666 View Post
Ok-to start this was not a horror movie but I didn't want to start a whole thread over this silly question.I was fairly young(13 or less so 1990 or before) when I saw this movie:

A young boy rescues his grandfather from a nursing home and they go on the lamb. I remember little more than that other than it must have come out around the same time as Rambo 2, Stand By Me, and Life Force(just a timeline reference, not accurate).

I may not remember right but it seems like they may have been in the desert. The boys father(the grandfathers son) was searching for them and my memory is hazy but i seem to remember horses and a six shooter.

Sorry for the vague details but any help would be great!

Any ideas?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Hellraiser

Lightbulb 666

At the risk of being banned and branded by The Devil and the Board for this not being horror, I sought an answer, and posted this on Yahoo Answers. Devil have mercy on my body. :eek:
The answer came, born of woman:

Quote:

Maybe it's "Home of Angels" (1993/1994) :mad:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800208204/info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_of_Angels

A 12-year-old boy from Long Island, New York wishes to have his grandfather (Abe Vigoda)--who is in a nursing home in Philadelphia with Alzheimer's disease--with him for Christmas. On his own, he travels to Philadelphia and attempts to get his grandfather out of the nursing facility and back to New York. Along the way the pair encounter some menacing moments, a homeless man and an angel.
Co-starring Sherman Helmsley as the homeless man who protects them on their journey.

EDIT: I've looked around for a movie that was made in the mid to late 80's (or earlier) with the same plot but the closest I've come is one called Two of a Kind but I doubt that's the one you seek. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084832
I hope this is it. :(
Oh the morality!!!!!! It couldn't be further away from HoRRoR

Last edited by Superman1; 01-18-2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: End of Yahoo URL + 1 weak joke - the punchline - missing
Old 01-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman1 View Post
99.97% sure

. THE
E V IL

............................... (1978)
It looks a lot like it. I think this is the one. Thanks :D:D:D
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Little Boo

would love to find out the name of an old movie i saw years back, a bunch of kids in the woods come across this house and stuff, they see big black figure at top of stairs, they try and get out and someone gets halved in 2 as thry try to escape form window, also i think their is a preist in it and something to do with a round saw blade that jumps into a guys chest and starts going round. Possible name in my mind is THE EXECUTIONER or something similar, would llove to find out the name of the movie and if its still around... I'm thinking 1970's early 80's
Old 01-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
This isnt a horror movie at all but its driving me bezerk. Its a childrens cartoon in which this little boy entered this dream world. I remember that he enters the dream world via this hot air balloon. Another part I remember is when he opens thees giant doors with a lock on them that contain all this black sludge (which is bad and ultimately starts flooding the dream world. I also remember the boy got this cepter (sp?) from the king of the dream world at one point.

any ideas?

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 01-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman1 View Post
At the risk of being banned and branded by The Devil and the Board for this not being horror, I sought an answer, and posted this on Yahoo Answers. Devil have mercy on my body. :eek:
The answer came, born of woman:

I hope this is it. :(
Oh the morality!!!!!! It couldn't be further away from HoRRoR

Thats not it.:( Thanks for the attempt though.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Little Boo

Reincarnation movie

I'm trying to think of this movie I saw maybe about 15 years, It didn't seem old at the time so I assume it was made around 1990 or so. I can only remember little bits and pieces.

These two guys entered what looked to be an old European style mansion with, I think, the mission of investigating a guy/group that was reincarnating humans or monsters or something of that kind. At some point its like they discover underground catacombs with rooms with secret books on how to perform reincarnation. After they look at a few books and find other reincarnation related items they decide to look around more then they find trouble.

The last part I vividly remember is they walked into this large room with pits on the floor and their candle died in the wind, after they re-light the candle a big monster (I guess a messed up reincarnation experiment) was in dudes face. I believe I probably ran out of the room at this point.

I have been dying to know what this movie was ever since! PLEASE HELP!:D
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Little Boo

Need to know about a trailer I saw

Seriously... I need your professed expertise. I just joined and posted this in my newbie intro because I was desperate. Can you help?

I'm a huge fan of horror. Love it. Look forward to anything new coming out. Always looking for new trailers.

I saw one late one night that had a train moving slowly through a post-apocolyptic country-side with travellers in a cargo unit, not a passenger car. They looked tired and defeated and no one spoke. It had a feel of the people in the depression era. You could tell something major had happened by some of the things they passed, blood on walls, bodies hanging, people peaking through windows.

Suddenly the approach a tunnel and the passengers start to tense up, as they go in, they start to arm themselves (I think), and as it gets darker, the train stops, and you hear rustling in the darkeness. Suddenly, I think it's creatures or zombies rush at them.

Am I nuts? I haven't been able to find this again since that night. I could have sworn it was titled the Horde, but that ended up a French cops, bad guys, and zombies film. Didn;t suck, but wasn't the one.

One friend thinks it might be for a video game, but I'd swear it was human actors, not CGI. Another thinks I've watched so many movies, I dreamed it up.

Did I? Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?

Thanks so much,
Lupita in Tucson
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 PM
I have arms and legs.

Alright, I saw a movie some years ago I do not remember how long time ago it was, but It's not earlier than 1980. (I think so) and there was some teenagers recording a movie in the woods but there was like mutants with like 4 fingers or something.. I do not remember much from it.. You may think it sounds like Wrong Turn or something but They Where recording a movie, as I said. Anyone knows what movie I talk about?

Tags
advice, alcohol, asylum, b&w, body parts, cemetary, children, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, finding, fog, found footage, girl, god, gothic, haunted, haunted painting, head on platter, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, movie, movie help critics, movie still, movie title, murder, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, ship, summon, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman