Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Freezing Moon

Where's the bubble coming from?

I would like to know the name of the film/novel, if exists.
I saw a "bubble" in a couple of cartoons. In both of them there is the protagonist that is fleeing from a village/island/camp in which people are kept prisoner with some sort of brainwashing. Suddlenly appears this big transparent bubble (a couple of meters diameter) that is chasing the protagonist, flying slowly after him.

I saw this in the Simpson (lol), and most important in an episode of the anime Lupin III (that episode was really good, nice horror to be a cartoon). In that episode Lupin was eventually reached by the bubble, encompassed in it, and brought back to the village by the ball itself.

Does anybody know where's the original idea coming from? Can be a film or a novel, I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure what I saw was just a "quote" of something - and I would like to find out.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Evil Dead

The Prisoner, tv series.
The bubble things were sent after escapees, seemed to engulf them, knock them out and bring them back to the island.
The cartoon version you may've seen was the Simpsons "?Mister X?" episode.
Great, unusual series which I'd consider definitely worth a watch...way before my time, I only wish I could've been awestruck seeing this in it's day....haven't finished the series yet, but will at some point.
Check it out if you're able.

Last edited by Phalanx; 11-09-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Freezing Moon

Oh, thank you very much!
I read in the wiki that it also inspired, and have quote, in the Truman show and in Matrix.
It's culture.