Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Evil Dead

"Guns Of The Magnificent Seven" (1969)
-George Kennedy, James Whitmore, Monte Markham

Plot: IMDB

A Mexican revolutionary hires an American gunslinger to organize the rescue of their leader from a brutal army prison.

Phantom's Review: Third film in "M7" series. Not as good as the classic original, but nowhere near as bad as the fourth film ("The M7 Ride!")
Western vet George Kennedy takes over the role of Chris from Yul Brynner and his version bears absolutely NO resemblance to the original, but despite this, I actually enjoy this film a lot. Familiar screen faces such as Jo Don Baker, Bernie Casey and Micheal Ansara (as the villain) populate the film. The plot is basic, but the acting is good and the action is plentiful. A solid, good sequel.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 AM
Love is like dying

well film i watched not a horror but comedy love story called my sassy girl koream film,i quite enjoyed it.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Pirate of Bengal

French Sex Murders (1972)

>>: C+

5 Days of War (2011)

>>: C
Old 06-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomstranger View Post
"Guns Of The Magnificent Seven" (1969)
-George Kennedy, James Whitmore, Monte Markham

A Mexican revolutionary hires an American gunslinger to organize the rescue of their leader from a brutal army prison.

Phantom's Review: Third film in "M7" series. Not as good as the classic original, but nowhere near as bad as the fourth film ("The M7 Ride!")
Western vet George Kennedy takes over the role of Chris from Yul Brynner and his version bears absolutely NO resemblance to the original, but despite this, I actually enjoy this film a lot. Familiar screen faces such as Jo Don Baker, Bernie Casey and Micheal Ansara (as the villain) populate the film. The plot is basic, but the acting is good and the action is plentiful. A solid, good sequel.
Been really enjoying your reviews....The Western is probably my second favorite genre in movies.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Banned

Monsters

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/

more of a character study than horror movie

well done though
Old 06-29-2011, 08:15 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Monsters

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470827/

more of a character study than horror movie

well done though
Really enjoyed that movie. I was expecting more of the monsters/aliens which i think will disappoint a lot of people but the movie is so good that i was able to see past that.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Been really enjoying your reviews....The Western is probably my second favorite genre in movies.
Me too. I love westerns almost as much as horror. In fact today's movie was:

"Tall Man Riding" (1955)
-Randolph Scott

seeking revenge against ranch owner Tuck Ordway for publicly whipping him years earlier and breaking up his relationship with Ordway's daughter, cowboy Larry Madden plans to oust Ordway from his ranch by having his claim to the land declared invalid. Ordway's daughter Corinna, believing Madden to be the cause of the family's recent misfortunes, is unaware that the local saloon owner also has designs upon the Ordway holdings.

Phantom's Review: Randolph Scott doing what he did best. Solid, well acted western adventure. Nothing too original, but plenty of action. I enjoyed it.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:51 AM
For Vendetta

You can't do much when the kids in your wife's family are literally begging you to accompany them to watch a film which you know you won't like one bit. They yelled and cheered and watched in awe at the ultra-loud and ultra-fast effects, while I had my ears covered for most of the time.

Adding a story for the first time in the series, the film is actually semi-decent if you are looking for an entertainer. Don't know why Spielberg regards him so highly, but Shia LeBeouf can't act. Half of the time he looked bored, tired and out of place. The new girl, Rosie, was gorgeous eye-candy but can't act either. John Turturro, John Malkovich and Frances McDormand try their best, but that isn't enough.

I can only pray they don't make another one.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Eaters (2010)

Old 06-30-2011, 11:49 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Eaters (2010)

Damn... that's one cool title and cover put together. :(