Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Hellraiser

Horrorfest: Films To Die For

I'm new here, so sorry if this thread has already been done. (I cannot seem to get the search function to work, for some reason.)

Anyway, 7 of the 9 movies are coming to DVD on March 27th. I'm thinking of getting the boxset.

Quote:
1. DARK RIDE
Starring: Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Patrick Renna
Director: Craig Singer

When a group of road-trippin' college kids discover an old, abandoned amusement park where two young girls were brutally murdered a decade ago, they decide it would be good fun to stay the night and spook each other out. Drunken hijinks turn to dread when they learn that the killer has returned- and escape is out of the question.

2. THE GRAVEDANCERS
Cast: Clare Kramer, Dominic Purcell, Josie Moran
Director: Mike Mendez

After more than a decade, a group of college friends are brought together for the funeral of one of their own. The trio tie one on for old times' sake, paying last respects to their departed friend and dancing drunkenly through the cemetery. They find a strange card among the tombstones and read the written incantation aloud, unknowingly conjuring hostile spirits that would torment them long after they've gone back to their daily lives. Torment and confusion turn to outright terror as the three old friends discover exactly what they've unleashed.

3. PENNY DREADFUL
Cast: Rachel Miner, Mimi Rogers, Michael Berryman, Mickey Jones
Director: Richard Brandes

Hoping to overcome her fears, a young woman named Penny sets off on a road trip with her therapist, Orianna, to revisit the scene of a terrible accident many years ago that killed her parents before her eyes. Along their way, a struggle ensues over Penny's attempts to calm herself by self-medicating, and in the confusion the duo hit a man in the road. Seeing that he isn't badly injured, they offer to give the stranger a lift, but his creepy silence is unsettling and downright scary, as is the off-road path they take to his destination. Penny and Orianna drop the man off, happy to part ways with their new companion- but their night is just getting started. Car trouble begins less than a mile from where they leave him, and it's not long before Penny finds herself trapped, alone and hunted by a madman.

4. REINCARNATION
Director: Takashi Shimizu (The Grudge, Ju-On)

Director Ikuo Matsumara sets out to film the story of a ghastly 1970's killing frenzy in a hotel north of Tokyo, using the actual hotel where the murders took place. When shooting gets underway, the cast members begin to share the fates of the characters they're playing, and soon enough there is no role-playing or pretending; the fear, and the danger, are quite real.

5. THE HAMILTONS
Cast: Cory Knauf, Samuel Child, Joseph McKelkeer, Mackenzie Firgens
Director: The Butcher Brothers

To the outside world, the Hamiltons appear to be nice ordinary folk; four siblings starting a new life after the recent death of their parents. They're kind to their neighbors, involved in the community- but things aren't quite what they appear to be; the new family in town seems to have a habit of brutally killing the townspeople they've recently befriended. When the youngest sibling, Francis, discovers the truth about his family, he is faced with the ultimate choice: turn in those he is closest to in all the world and spare the next victims, or join his family in their gruesome killing spree.

6. UNREST
Cast: Cory Knauf, Samuel Child, Joseph McKelkeer, Mackenzie Firgens
Director: The Butcher Brothers

Aspiring physician Alison Blanchard's feels a disturbing presence in the lab where she's studying cadavers for her Gross Anatomy class. Her professor brushes off her concerns as jitters, but there's something unsettling about one cadaver in particular; an American woman who died in Brazil and whose body was donated to science. When her friend is discovered dead in the basement, Alison finds herself in a desperate search for the truth behind the angry spirit killing off those around her- before it's too late.

7. WICKED LITTLE THINGS
Cast: Lori Heuring, Scout Taylor Compton, Geoffrey Lewis, Velizar Biney
Director: J.S. Cardone (The Forsaken)

In 1913, a tragic mining accident trapped dozens of children underground, burying them alive. After her husband's death, Karen Tunny moves daughters Sarah and Emma to a remote, dilapidated house off in the mountains for a fresh start. However, she is unaware that their new home is very close to the site of the old mine tragedy. The family soon find themselves living a nightmare as the undead children return from the mine and wreak havoc on them.
They come out on DVD March 27th.

Did anyone watch these movies in the theatre?

If you did, are they good enough to buy?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
To use the search function, you right click it and hit open in new window, or tab. Then it pops up at the bottom of the new window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 03-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Evil Dead

I haven't seen them,but they look really good!If the boxset is under $200. I'll buy it!:)
Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Hellraiser

Thank you Posher778. That definately helped.

Paws the great:
The boxset is $150 where I live, but I'm not sure if that price is the same everywhere.

(Might be a better idea to rent all 7 movies. It would be cheaper.)

If you try and find what stores or rental places they coming to on March 27th, though.

A tip: Most places that I went to they were listed as AFTER DARK HORRORFEST: FILMS TO DIE FOR.

Or AFTERDARK, then the name of the movie. (i.e. AFTER DARK: DARK RIDE)

Last edited by dawsey28; 03-17-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Sure thing.

I haven't seen any of them yet, I really want to see GraveDancers and Darkride

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 03-17-2007, 02:19 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Sure thing.

I haven't seen any of them yet, I really want to see GraveDancers and Darkride
Darkride I really enjoyed. It reminded me of Black Christmas (Remake) just better. Gravedancers was decent as well. Nothing special but it actually had a few scares.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsey28 View Post
Thank you Posher778. That definately helped.

Paws the great:
The boxset is $150 where I live, but I'm not sure if that price is the same everywhere.

(Might be a better idea to rent all 7 movies. It would be cheaper.)
I don't rent movies.:)
Old 03-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Misfit

Wait, which ones aren't coming to dvd?

Quote:
oh posher, I love you.

None of this is real
Old 03-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Wait, which ones aren't coming to dvd?
Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror & The Tripper.

I think?
Old 03-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Hellraiser

Quote:
The Abandoned

An American woman searching for her birth parents learns she has inherited a house in the middle of a forest in a remote area of Russia. It is the house where she was born. Abandoned and uninhabited for 40 years, it stands in total disrepair and neglect.What she finds is more than an old house. She meets a mysterious man who claims to be her brother, a twin she never knew. Together they find the house holds secrets to a past they don’t remember, forced to relive a series of horrifying events and shocking murders that occurred just after they were born, in the place they were supposed to die.

Directed by:
Nacho Cerda (Genesis, Aftermath)

Written by:
Karim Hussain, Nacho Cerdà, Richard StanleyKarim Hussain, Nacho Cerdà, Richard Stanley (Dust Devil and Hardware)

Starring:

Marie - Anastasia Hille
Nikolai - Karel Roden
Misharin - Valentin Ganev
Olga Kaidavosky - Paraskeva Djukelova
Anatoliy - Carlos Reig - Plaza

Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror

Slasherpool called it "easily one of the best urban horror films I've seen". Academy Award nominated director Stacy Title teams with rapper/actor Snoop Dogg for a hip-hop horror anthology, featuring three blood-soaked tales involving the residents of an inner city neighborhood whose actions in this life will determine their destination in the afterlife, "Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror" boasts eye-popping anime-style sequences, plenty of goo and gore, and even a few bootie breaks. Part comedy, part frightfest, with a whole lot of "Hell yeah" mixed in.

Directed by:
Stacy Title (Let the Devil Wear Black, Down on the Waterfront)

Written by:
Tim Sullivan (2001 Maniacs), Jonathan McHugh, Chris Kobin (2001 Maniacs), Jacob Hair.

Starring:
Snoop Dogg
Ernie Hudson (Miss Congeniality, Ghostbusters)
Danny Trejo (The Devil's Rejects, Con Air)
Brande Roderick (Playboy Playmate)
Daniella Alonso (One Tree Hill)
Pooch Hall (Pepper Dennis)
Noel G
Diamond Dallas Page
Anson Mount

The Tripper

THE TRIPPER is a political horror film set in the Redwood Forrest at an outdoor music festival. The story centers around a group of young hippies as they set out on a drug-induced weekend of debauchery. Little do they know, in the woods lurks a crazed madman that is obsessed with Ronald Reagan. The film stars Jamie King (Sin City), Thomas Jane (The Punisher), Lukas Haas (Alpha Dog), Jason Mewes (Clerks), Balthazar Getty (Feast), Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Brad Hunt (2005 Screamfest winner for best actor in Cookers) with cameos from David Arquette (Scream), Courtney Cox (Scream) and many more!

Starring:
David Arquette
Courteney Cox-Arquette
Jaime King
Lukas Haas
Jason Mewes
Balthazar Getty
are not coming to DVD. I guess there were 10 films.

Last edited by dawsey28; 03-17-2007 at 06:02 PM.