Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Cranky

Talking Laid to rest

Only for hard core gorehounds. The acting is awful but the kills by Chromeskull (the nameless killer with mask)are definitely first rate and surprisingly effective.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Misanthrope

I dug Laid To Rest a lot. Amazing effects for sure.

Operation: Endgame

I thought this was really good. Went into it knowing nothing which was probably an advantage. Cool spin on the spy/secret agent deal.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:27 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
the undertaker

slashers are really bad, ended up turning it off and started watching

second coming

it was even more terrible so I gave up on the whole horror movie idea

Old 07-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Bad Natured

The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959). From start to finish, this turbocharged edition of Sherlock Holmes is sure to excite and delight. The opening scene was simply fabulous, setting the stage for the main story. Cushing as Holmes was perfection, his intelligence and wit only matched by his boundless energy. Watson's performance by Morell was solid as well, an adept sidekick as opposed to a foolish MD. The story was fast paced and intelligent, a worthy mystery, with all of the elements craftily falling into pace at the story's end. The direction and camera work create a warmth lost to film today, where the tweed coats and well as the landscape are almost felt through the screen. Overall a wonderful tale of mystery and intrigue. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:22 AM
Pirate of Bengal

After.Life (2009)

It wasn't bad, started like a slow burn competent thriller which had the potential to be something bit different & interesting as well. But besides some scenes of naked Christina Ricci it produced nothing significant overall for a horror movie fan.

>>: C+
Old 07-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Bad Natured

Ink (2009). After the discombobulating start to this great flick, which threatened to be an existential mish-mash of cathartic exuberance, it settles down nicely, having set the tone of otherworldliness. Not a film to be casually watched, all of one's attention needs to be invested in order to keep up. With that caveat, Jamin Winan does not dumb down the story for the casual crowd and we are left with an intelligent take on the realms of good and evil, parallel universes where tragic comedies unfold whose plots are driven by our desires, choices, and vanities. A fantastic voyage by a brave crew, this low budget endeavor unimaginably comes to express the genius born from its creators. Merci beaucoup.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Cranky

Talking Tell Tale and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
Ink (2009). After the discombobulating start to this great flick, which threatened to be an existential mish-mash of cathartic exuberance, it settles down nicely, having set the tone of otherworldliness. Not a film to be casually watched, all of one's attention needs to be invested in order to keep up. With that caveat, Jamin Winan does not dumb down the story for the casual crowd and we are left with an intelligent take on the realms of good and evil, parallel universes where tragic comedies unfold whose plots are driven by our desires, choices, and vanities. A fantastic voyage by a brave crew, this low budget endeavor unimaginably comes to express the genius born from its creators. Merci beaucoup.
d
Psycho I like your reviews of film. Tell me what you think of Tell Tale if you have seen it. This modern reimagining of the Tell Tale Heart has Josh Locus in the lead. It works more as a thriller with a supernatural undertone. The cinematography is great. The acting is fine. Worth a peek. B
Old 07-31-2010, 07:17 PM
A little glass vial?

Send a message via MSN to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Yahoo to nightmare_of _death Send a message via Skype™ to nightmare_of _death
Inception

I thought it was pretty good, it really made me think, its a movie I can't really explain and in fact even if i could properly i wouldn't with the risk of spoiling it. I probably will watch it again but not till its on dvd/bluray so I am able to pause and rewind so I can catch more info.

overall in the end I gave this movie a 7-8 out of 10
Old 07-31-2010, 08:43 PM
For Vendetta

Who wudda thunk they will get to see Clint Eastwood and Jim Carrey in the same film?!

I did, last night. Guess which film it was. ;)
Old 08-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Who wudda thunk they will get to see Clint Eastwood and Jim Carrey in the same film?!

I did, last night. Guess which film it was. ;)
Harry Callahan FTW...

How about Lon Chaney Jr and Clint Eastwood together?