Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

Question Help Me Identify This Film, Please. EDIT-SOLVED!

older, between seventy-five and eighty-five i'd guess.
was on Netflix instant queue when i saw it, prolly around this time in two thousand and ten.
soldiers (i feel like they were german?) are dispatched to occupy a fortress in a peasant town. against the warnings of the peasants they do, and it's haunted... or there are zombies. i don't remember, but i DO remember liking it very much and would like to own a copy.
i know this is a very weak and broad description, but if you have ANY idea, toss it out there and i'll imdb it until i find a match. i'd appreciate any input, no matter how much of a longshot it seems to be.

also, i think it may have been subtitled when i saw it, ie not in english. could be wrong about that too though. any guesses would be just dandy.

thanks in advance,
Old 11-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Banned

well....you did say "please"

sound like "The Keep" is the movie you're looking for.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085780/
Old 11-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

Thumbs up You're amazing.

seriously. first reply nailed it on the tits. Thanks you so much, brev. The name "Fortress" kept sticking in my head, but that's that Lambert movie, totally not what i was looking for. I greatly appreciate it, duder. Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:51 AM
Banned

any "tits" need nailing....I'm your man. :D
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

Thumbs down bummer

it's... also... never been "officially" released on dvd. i'm crying on the inside, because i remember having a very positive feeling after watching this film. i found it bootlegged... but fuck that. srsly. i have a bootlegged copy of from beyond and i can't stand to watch it. vhs-to-dvd verts are lame as all get out.
thanks anyways though, brev. i do greatly appreciate it even though the result of the knowledge is piss. glad these forums are active, because i watch a load of shite movies when i'm pissed and have trouble remembering the ones i liked heh heh.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

Exclamation and i am an idiot

just saw the sticky post about where to put questions like the one i asked above. sorry, nerd-horror community. please don't flame me out too soon. i'll get better in the future. forgive.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

I got me a burnt copy from laserdisc. Pretty good flick...tons of atmosphere.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

quality

it's not that i'm concerned about the quality of the film, it's flooding back how much i liked it. i'm concerned with the quality of the PICTURE. laserdisc... is something. i'd ask my grandpa but he's chillin with hpl now. found out it's still totally on netflix's instant queue (for now), so that'll do just fine. i'm just hoping for an actual legitimate port to dvd before netflix takes it down. not only does the film have a great feel to it, horror-wise, but it's... foreign. makes me feel like a better person for appreciating it. like dario argento's shit, even though half of it's in broken english.

hey, on again like the original post:
mid-seventies to eighties
like a macabre play
eccentric(i was gonna type 'gay-ass' till i articulated correctly.) dude and his midget sidekick kidnap people and kill them on stage in front of (a small) audience (who don't really believe what they're seeing). this was in english. i think it may have been scored by goblin. mebbe not, but i remember noises and music being a big part of how this movie felt. and it was terrible. but i would like to watch it again.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Banned

man you really do suck at remembering movies

Bloodsucking Freaks [1976]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077247/
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Fan of B-Flicks

the boss

holy hell yer amazing. my descriptions are so weak, but you've got this shit on lockdown! man, was that movie ever bad?! and i really need to watch it again to remind myself. unfortunately, netflix has decided to remove it from iq as well as hard copy. lame. good call though, duder. you know these garbage movies like a boss, or at least can search enternitz far better than i can has. thanks a lot, AGAIN, bromo.

i have no social life. this is the most fun i've had in days.

/weep.
Closed Thread

Tags
question